How do I search for posts in the last x period of time?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
I know Matt Weir did a thread on this or something similar, but I can't seem to find it.

So the question is; how do I search for all the posts in the last 24 hours/since my last visit, etc?

Chris

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Not quite. The scenario is this, you log on, notice 200+ posts and only have chance to scan 50 of them before you have to log off again. If you then log back on again you don't get to see the other 150+ posts as the New Posts method only shows the new posts (ie those which have been posted since your last visit, which when you didn't read the other 150 posts).

Also running an advanced search for posts since a period of time (ie yesterday, your last visit, etc) all require that you put a specific item in the text search field.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Gibbsy - as per my previous posting...

Not quite. The scenario is this, you log on, notice 200+ posts and only have chance to scan 50 of them before you have to log off again. If you then log back on again you don't get to see the other 150+ posts as the New Posts method only shows the new posts (ie those which have been posted since your last visit, which when you didn't read the other 150 posts).

Also running an advanced search for posts since a period of time (ie yesterday, your last visit, etc) all require that you put a specific item in the text search field.

Chris

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
ummmm I see your problem .... and i hate to say it, but i dont think there is :( ... all you have the choice of is
1. to log in and get the posts since your last visit
2. or not log in and get the posts from the last 24 hours.

Ed

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you scroll down to the bottom of each section e.g "How do I ?", there's the Display Options, change the "From the" drop down box to which ever time period you want.

You can only do it in each section individually though.

Does that help ?

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Shewie, that's getting there I suppose. Is there not an easier way? You can do a search in the main search page for items from selectable periods of time but you have to put something for the engine to search for, not just any post.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE