how do I delete my profile or change my name ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adey

Nov 3, 2010
Yorkshire
came here looking for some info on rucsacs and stoves - so I picked a profile name kind of at random as searching without was awkward

now I find this place is really useful and want to join in prperly but would prefer a profile name that is more 'me'

can I delete my profile and start again ? Or change my name ?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Hey, I'm trying to do this too. I joined and put my name on but would like to change it to a less obvious user name / nickname as I am often on here using my work laptop and prefer more anonimity in case it gets left on at work.

I know some use their own name or a variation of that but if possible I prefer to be more discrete. Not just paranoia but have had fun watching a colleague have a bit of fun with another coleague's Facebook page at work and would rather it be less obvious its me. Make sense?

Anyway can you change your user name easily?

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Nope.

It can only be done by Admin (if you've got a valid reason). Your history on the Forum is also taken into account. If you've got a high number of posts (personally I find 1000+ posts is), it's kinda tricky to change a username, as people all get very confused ... On the other hand privacy could be a valid reason (though it's not a magic word to get things done).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE