Hotels?.. Great For Bush Tucker Freebies!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I Stayed at a Hotel this weekend, and found to my delight there were plenty of 'Free' items to stash away for my next Meet.. all in small, handy Bush sizes!

• 1 Robertsons Strawberry Jam
  • 1 Robertsons Marmalade
  • 1 Robertsons Clear Honey
  • 4 Twinnings Traditional English Tea's
  • 2 Decaffeinated Instant Coffee's
  • 1 Normal Instant Coffee
  • 4 Dairystix Semi Skimmed Milks (UHT)
  • 2 Brown Sugars
  • 2 White Sugars
  • 1 mini De Vere Sandalwood Soap
  • 2 mini De Vere Shampoo's (now emptied to accommodate Olive Oil and Golden Syrup for pancake cooking!)

I was tempted by the wooden oak coat hangers too (for chopping into.. something!) but was sternly told 'NO'!!

Attachments

• hotel Bush Tucka.jpg
    hotel Bush Tucka.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 312

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well yeah, there is that :eek: There are a couple of hotels they are free though, but the room bill more than covers anything you take from it.

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
They're great, my wife works away a lot and always bring me back a stash (She doesnt drink tea or coffee but always requests peppermint tea). The decaf sachets are bulding up though.

I use the small jam jars for one portion of milk when on a bimble.

Ha Ha, I work away quite a bit too. The new dairystix are a lot better to carry about than the older UHT tubs. I have even been known to 'trip and fall onto the cleaning cart in the morning....and somehow end up with a handfull of biscuit packets. However, I cannot condone this sort of activity!!! Damn handy tho.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
is taking items left there for your use really stealing!? - after all you have paid for it whether you use it or not!

I have to confess to taking the odd t-bag and packet of bisciuts for 'use later' though even if it is
whistlev.gif

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Aaah, looks like it was one of my hotels. Wasn't Theobalds by any chance was it?

Obviously we're not so keen on people taking everything because we can't reuse it, but it is expected and in fact head office want you to take the soap stuff - brand awareness!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE