hob oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
The forces use an oven over gas burners and they work really well once you get used to them.

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
Coleman make them but stopped exporting them to the UK last year. My friend has purchased one from that well known auction site and is going to let me know how it fares.

My wife has a Cobb BBQ oven thingy and that works like an oven for when we are away. Very happy customer. (please imagine the Usual disclaimer here)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You can pick up Coleman ovens on eBay and they work well, a bit small but still usable. They are no use over an open fire, the built in thermometer is not that accurate and they loose heat so benefit from wrapping with a couple of layers of foil. You need a good stove under one, something like a Nova or Coleman Peak will do. The ovens sit just just right on a twin burner Coleman stove setup.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Perhaps have a look on Song Of The Paddle, search for 'Outback Oven'.

These really are good, lightweight, backpackable ovens, and there's even an Outdoor's Oven recipie book, here, which is useful (if, like me, camp ovens are not your strong point!).

oven_packaged.jpg
9780595306459.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE