Hello, Mike from Clacton on Sea

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Hi, I've just rekindled my interest and love for all things outdoors.
I was involved with the Scouts (boy and man) for over 20yrs, and during this time learnt and passed on skills involving many outdoor pursuits. Due to divorce and subsequent remarriage, this interest wained.
Now after a break of 20yrs I am keen to pick up where I left off and learn new skills. I have been keenly watching some YouTube videos and these have inspired me to collect together some equipment and try out some bushcraft camping skills. This culminated in me doing a 1 night camp to try out my gear. This I really enjoyed and would love to be able to join in with other like minded people and learn new skills.
I stumbled upon this site and hope that I can join in and share my knowledge and experience (what I can remember).
Cheers Mike.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
welcome to a warm and squishy camp community :grouphug: (is that right John?)

Small world. I grew up in Clacton-on-Sea, spent the first 18 years of my life there :) I rarely go there anymore unless visiting my parents. Seems that the place has changed quite a bit since I left :(

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Thanks Guys for all your welcome's.
Dave, we moved here 6 yrs ago from Dagenham, I used to come here for holidays back in the 60's and it certainly has changed, but its not as bad as they make out!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE