Heinnies, Hultafors knives under a fiver

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Just found out that Heinnies have reduced most of their Hultafors knives to under five pounds Here, these are similar to Mora's. Original source of this information is parbajtor on Britishblades, thanks.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Might have to place me an order for a couple more of these, love em.

For info on how tough they are, have a look at this video i did, part 1 of 5 below, all manner of things including a few things you would never do in real life to a knife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m1EjwdKpx8

i still have the knife i used for these video's here as im not finished with it yet, the tang is fairly short though

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Well after seeing what Kepis did to that knife and that it stayed sharp, I ordered yesterday afternoon and those nice people at Heinnie Haynes delivered these to me early this morning. That was a fast delivery.
They should do me for a bit of carving practice.
Knives001.jpg

Dr Onion

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
By Yon Bonnie Banks
Just bought 2 of these for me and the missus!! Can't really pass up a knife for a fiver - and it's been a while since we bought anything for our wanderings!

Dr O

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Word of warning with these - although I prefer the handle to the Mora, the blade needs a lot of work to get it to the same standard - the points are absolutely blunt!

That said I think they will be worth it.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Word of warning with these - although I prefer the handle to the Mora, the blade needs a lot of work to get it to the same standard - the points are absolutely blunt!

That said I think they will be worth it.

You must have had a bad batch Dougster, everyone of these i have owned (a dozen plus now) be it a HVK or GK
has been shaving sharp straight out of the box, needed no work doing to them at all, there again, i could also have been lucky i suppose

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
The point is the issue. The flat edge is great and most of the curve of the belly, but I put the point against my finger, pressed and twirled with no damage.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
never had a problem with any part of the blade tbh Dougster, flats, curve or tip, all been sharp and pointy straight from the box, perhaps im just lucky:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE