Heads up, Newcastle Bushcrafters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Hi all, just to let you know nevissport in Newcastle Centre is 50-70% off closing down sale.

They had screw in bottles of gas for £1.50 etc

No connection to them,

Cheers Gary for telling me!

Last edited by a moderator:

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
amother flaming shop down the swannwee another couple of years. newcastle will be renamed desingerland , sorry for the rant

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Totally agree, Ive only been in newcastle for a few years and all the "small" retailers have shut down (apart form that one in china town, really good shop). Its crazy what these big chains sell stuff for. £170 for a softshell!

Its like that brand superdry. My GF's coat leaked like bugger! Were more northen than moscow and people dress like its miami beach.. fools..then complain about the weather :sadwavey:

Rant completed

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
Totally agree, Ive only been in newcastle for a few years and all the "small" retailers have shut down (apart form that one in china town, really good shop). Its crazy what these big chains sell stuff for. £170 for a softshell!

Its like that brand superdry. My GF's coat leaked like bugger! Were more northen than moscow and people dress like its miami beach.. fools..then complain about the weather :sadwavey:

Rant completed
when i was younger there was at least 4 knife shops and countless outdoor shops in newcastle

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
this is what i canot understand, interestin camping /outdoors has multiplyed by god knows what since r. mears first appeared , yeyt shops disapeared at the same rate

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Can't compete with the warehouse stores I guess. Newcastle has a go outdoors and a great outdoors.

Does that only leave LD mountain centre and wild trek in the city centre? Or is that place tiso on grainier street still there?

Orric

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Tiso is gone too lol. My best mate is a manager for mountain warehouse. Their stuff is great.

In many ways it just separates us from those who will spend £40 on a chinease cotton tshirt with brand on the front from those who will spend £40 from howies on a merino tee from new Zealand !

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
It's not just the big chains they have to compete with (I know I'm not in Newcastle but the same phenomena is happening over here) Internet shopping is putting even many of the big chains out of business.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Tiso is gone too lol. My best mate is a manager for mountain warehouse. Their stuff is great.

In many ways it just separates us from those who will spend £40 on a chinease cotton tshirt with brand on the front from those who will spend £40 from howies on a merino tee from new Zealand !

Tobias, nice to see your sympathetic (as a trader in outdoor gear) to the guys at Tiso & Nevis who've lost their jobs. Good advertising mate. GB.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Tobias, nice to see your sympathetic (as a trader in outdoor gear) to the guys at Tiso & Nevis who've lost their jobs. Good advertising mate. GB.

Whilst I was in tiso closing down sale I got talking to one guy. Long story short I got him an interview at my restaurant. £6 an hour SUCKS. He didnt get the job though....

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry Tobias that's commendable that you got him an interview. And I'm sorry if I jumped down your throat but it was the "Tiso is gone too lol." comment that annoyed me. I felt it was unfair to laugh at folk loosing their job, but that's maybe not what you meant? I was a bit hacked off when I wrote it as there'd been some mean comments on the boards in the last couple of days.
ATB,
GB.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Tobi, only. met you once, thought you. were half reyt.

whats all. this MY restaurant and as. for boasting abaht selling snugpak . lets be honest. anyone can. Go. to the factory shop an buy a load of poor selling colours/ranges . or slight seconds an knock. them out for a few. Quid. One. Thing I can't stand. Is some folk who. Give it the anti-establishment etc then comeacross all supercapitalist rubbish.

Ps nowt up with my spelling. / punct etc. Phone screen is cracked an typing is hit n miss.

Now who was it. that left. UN buried excrement an unbuirnt paper at brockers. Drew said iot wasn't him......that leaves only one.....guiess I will never know ?

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
While I'm on one......its not just the lol that got me aswell as GB. Its. The little Viking gif. Always good to get a heads up.......but what's interesting is yor best reference is a cheap gas can ! Aye as backwoods folk we use loads of them. Gior :lmao:

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
I was a bit hacked off when I wrote it as there'd been some mean comments on the boards in the last couple of days.
ATB,
GB.

Yep after reading the comments on here, theres more nasty comments added to the forum for good measure wonder why I never come on here as much :(
And well everyone is being so friendly I use gas maybe I'll never be a back woodsman cause I dont go out rub 2 sticks together for fire and and sleep in a natural shelter instead I use a hammock and tarp or bivvy and some times a tent god I think ive got this bushcraft all wrong now I think about it

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Aye, the gas can line may have been childish comment when I was seeing red.just can't see the joy abaht a takin the Mick of folk losing their jobs under the guise of boasting , then the only item he feels worth mentioning is a gas can.
Looks like I got it wrong too......best sell my hammock then to justify my comment.......or not.

Guess I'm still reeling at turning up to a meet , finding only two people there ......looking for a place to make home for a weekend, only to find that one of the two , can't be respectful enough to not use the main area as a toilet.....then to make it worse.....can't clean up after :banghead:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry you got dragged in Chiseller, I bust a gut getting that shop open and the guys worked hard in it. So I let personal feelings creep in, but like you don't like it as a general comment either.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
I wasnt taking the mick, I was laughing at the how ridiculous the situation is for these small retailers. I think you have mis read my words.

Its was just a heads ups chis, do you want me to list every bloody item?

Not sure what your saying about me chis, seems a bit low..

Nice going

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi All, what with Tobias's last post and speaking to him elsewhere it turns out I had misread what he'd posted and I apologise for having a dig at him for it. He was saying that it was the situation of all these outdoor shops closing when everyone seems more into the outdoors funnily ironic. And it is a sad point. Just show's I was moaning about bad feelings on the thread and perpetrated it myself. So sorry Thomas.

Cheers,

GB.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE