Hand forged Camping tripods.Pic heavy!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Offered for sale are these camping tripods.They are made from 12mm round or square stock.The legs are tapered at the bottom for secure fixing in the ground.Included is a decrotive 's'hook for hanging your billycan or kettle over the fire and a length of chain.They are adjustable as well.I make two different types as pictured.I can make these any size you like,4 foot being the most popular.These are completly hand forged by me.
PICT2476.jpg

PICT2477.jpg

Ill call this one 'type one'.Pictured is the prototype i made up,copied from an antique gypsy tripod that i own.Cost is £25 up to 2 1/2ft long and £33 for the 4 ft version.That includes postage.This version can come apart for transport.

PICT1904.jpg

PICT1905.jpg

PICT1909.jpg

And this is 'type 2'.Comes with length of chain and 's'hook.Choice of round or square bar.£33 post paid.Thanks for looking,and if you are interested,post on the thread or pm me.:)

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
About the same as a feather :)

Or maybe just a smidge more................... ;)

A lot I would think being forged. As It happens Launditch is making me one (a little larger than the norm at 5'). I'll weight it if you like when it turns up next week

Red

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I take a type 2 in square bar if I may,....Going camping with the Scouts at the start of next month and it would be ideal (if you can knock one up that quickly?)

Could I have it a bit taller though, say about 5 feet?

Paypal ok?
PM me with you PayPal address and I'll send funds!

Simon

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
By my rough calculations:
2-1/2 foot (small): 2.5 kg (5.6 lb)
4 foot (large): 4 kg (9 lb)

How close am I Launditch?

You know what?I have no idea how much they weigh!!My local post office hates me bringing these in and look at me like their day couldnt get any worse:rolleyes: :D Ill try and find one of my old recipts and ill post here the weights of them.Ill guess youre close though...

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Tripod and firesteel arrived safe & sound this morning.:D

I'm very happy with both and intend to use them this weekend as I'm on a Scout Leaders weekend.

Scouting activities for the Leaders with no kids about - heaven. Clay pigeon shooting, fire lighting, knife, axe & saw workshops etc - Can't wait!:beerchug::beerchug:

Simon

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Hmmm.... I think i will have to go for a type 2 and maybe some other metal things... I will have a think and place an order when i get paid at t end of this month.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE