Hammocking in Yorkshire area or close.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dandus

Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Hey first post.

I got myself a hammock and tarp a few weeks ago. I'm really excited to use them but I'm a bit lost as to where I can actually use them!
Does anybody have any ideas wild camping or campsites that I can use a hammock and tarp from Experience?
hopefully this won't be too hard to find. I know people like to keep there camping spots a secret and I can see why.
Im dying to get the hammock up.
I'm in Yorkshire but I would travel to some extent.
I don't wanna stealth camp without a little practise.

Great forum by the way!

Dandus

Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Awesome thanks

If anybody has anymore ideas of woods etc to camp in the Yorkshire area please send me a PM. I'd be extremely greatful. I understand nobody wants to give their locations away to the public.

ddave489

Mar 20, 2014
Gateshead
If you want to travel a little further north there's a great place near Gateshead called Brockwell woods (google it, they have a website) it's as close as you can get to wild camping and it's a great place to practise some bushcraft.
I go there quite a lot with my hammock.

Bullrover

Jun 23, 2013
North Yorkshire
Askrigg campsite near Hawes is good for wild camping and hammocking, the wild camping site is a 40 minute walk from the farm but it's great spot in a small enclosed wood on the edge of the moors.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE