hammock issue

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
i dont know how to explain this very well so bear with me please.

where ever i put my hammock up i always have a problem by this i mean my feet always end up either side of the hammock and a piece of hammock seperating them :/ if this makes sense to anybody but im sure ive seen a thread about it before but cant find it :( anybody help as ill be doing quite a few over nighters this month !

mandos

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have you tried lying diagonally across it? I put my shoulders to the left of centre and my feet to the right. It should give you a flatter lay and eliminate that hard ridge of fabric under the legs.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
i normally sleep in the cocoon part because im using the scout hammock as its perfectly well fitted to me i have tried it but i was hoping it was something ive done wrong like not tying it properly :lmao:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Just seen it's a DD scout. Try rigging it either a bit tighter or a bit looser, you should find the sweet spot. The end design on the DD isn't bad for calf ridge pressure usually.

+1 on trying to lay more diagonally too.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
ive tried that today while out but couldnt find the sweet spot maybe ill just have to keep trying up and down :lmao:

thank you

mandos

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
It sounds to me like you are pitching it too tight. What method do you use to put it up? I remember when I had a DD, their instructions told me to tie it tight between the trees then get in it. This was bad for me and I cohkd never get comfy. I ended up buying a book called the ultimate hang which told me otherwise and it worked for me. Try tying it a little looser.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
If you're using the stock suspension webbing, look to change it out for whoopie slings and tree huggers to give you greater flexibility in setup and possibly a better chance of getting that sweet spot.

fwiw I also have the issue you do however it doesn't really bother me.

Your hammock is too short. It's that simple.

I agree. Are the scout hammocks not shorter than the regular ones?
I have a travel hammock and pitch the foot end slightly higher than the head end so I don't gradually slide down to the point where my feet sometimes hang over each side. Try pitching with a higher foot end.

Cheers
Bodge

Sent from my battle droid

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE