Half-Goat Leatherwork Moving SALE!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
We're moving house in two weeks (back tae Scotland!) so I'm dropping the prices of everything I currently have on sale to raise some extra funds.

All prices include postage (first class signed for) for the UK. Overseas will cost a little extra but no problem just let me know :) First come, first served, via PM.

Kindle/document/map pouches. Will fit an original kindle (the first basic kindle model). Internal dimensions approx: 17cm X 11cm X 1cm. All hand saddle-stitched with artificial sinew.

Original thread with more details: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124396&highlight=

Was £35 Now £25 each

Goatskin grey: available
Middle pouch: sold
Goatskin brown: available

14895359992_49d2c113db_z.jpg

Next up are two belt pouches based on the viking 'Birka' pouches. Both of these pouches are a decent size for tobacco tins etc. both are 5.5 inches wide, 6.5 inches long, and 2 inches thick.

Brownie

3.5mm veg tan with a basket stamped border, dyed antique mahogany and brown. The gusset is made from Moose. Edges have been double loop laced with the highest quality kangaroo lace. Belt loop/strap is secured with rock solid copper rivets with my usual 'bashed to hell' sturdiness.

NOW SOLD

14498224939_ca2f963a00_z.jpg

Bluey

Made from 2.5-3mm pre-dyed dark navy blue veg tan leather with basket stamped border. The gusset is made from natural veg tan with navy blue kid skin wrapped around it for a nice soft finish. Simple laced edges with high quality calf-skin lace. Belt/loop strap secured again with 'bashed to hell' copper rivets, with the extra security of a sam browne stud closure.

NOW SOLD

CIMG5753
by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

CIMG5755
by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Viking Shoulder Bags

These bags are based on the historical hedeby/haithabu bag finds from the viking period. I have seen one or two examples online and saw some historical notes on them, but never understood just how ingenious they are until I made one (and then some!).

The wooden frames atop each bag act as the closure system. The rope strap is fed through the frames, which open along the rope. When the bag is released, the weight of it pulls both frames together and closes the bag. Because the closure works with the weight of the bag and tension of the rope, it is incredibly difficult for anyone to get their hand in the bag without lifting it up to release the tension. Therefor, it is reasonably pick pocket proof :)

The Goat

Made with a Norwegian goat hide, with reindeer hide trim, and sealskin straps. The goat has been cut and stitched in a way that the fur runs down all the way around the bag. All seams have been saddle-stitched, with inner seams also overstitched for extra strength. Wooden frames are an unknown wood, it looks and feels like teak but is a very light colour. Secured with sturdy copper rivets with a natural rope strap. bag dimensions (excluding wood) measures roughly 26cm long, 28cm wide, 14cm thick

Was £185 Now £135

The Sheep

This bag is reversible. It has a sheepskin outer, with a thick woolen liner. It can be turned inside out for a woolen outer which also looks nice. Both ways have nice hidden seams. All leather is hand saddle-stitched. The wool parts were machine stitched, but hand stitched to the leather. The wood is the same strange light teak-like wood and the strap is natural rope. bag dimensions (excluding wood) measures roughly 26cm long, 28cm wide, 12cm thick

Was £185 Now £135

Pictish Belt

NOW SOLD

14621126394_96e904a826_z.jpg

Non bushcraft wrist cuff hand carved with 40k Night Lords Legion symbol. Hand dyed with pop stud closure. Will fit a wrist up to 9 Inches

Was £35 Now £25

updated: 8/10

Viking/Saxon belt. Plain brown cowhide, 3-4mm. Hand forged iron buckle made by Everything Mac of this parish, secured with a solid copper rivet. 50" long. Can punch the holes to fit your waist.

SOLD

CIMG6302 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Thanks for taking the time to look, and feel free to ask any questions :)

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Stonking prices Hamish, shame really as they're well priced already (coming from a fellow east coaster that's saying something!:eek:) Have forwarded it on to some hopefully interested parties. (Skint myself as we're of to Comrie Croft for a long weekend).

Good luck with the move and hope that the sales go well.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Stonking prices Hamish, shame really as they're well priced already (coming from a fellow east coaster that's saying something!:eek:) Have forwarded it on to some hopefully interested parties. (Skint myself as we're of to Comrie Croft for a long weekend).

Good luck with the move and hope that the sales go well.

Cheers mate have a good one at the croft!

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Love the belt. My daughter love it too, but it's a bit rich for me - sorry.

Somebody should buy it.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Love the belt Hamish. Wish I had some spare cash as it would then hang beside the other you did for me.
As always stunning work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE