Guy/Tarp Line 1.2mm 8-strand Dyneema/Spectra/Amsteel/HDPE/ZingIt 300lb/131kg break

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GadgetUK437

Forager
Aug 8, 2010
North Devon
I'm thinking of buying a reel of this;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261935122145

Any enthusiasm for joining me?
Works out at around 11p per metre.

Comes in a range of colours, I was toying with the multicolour reel myself, buy thought that might be a bit challenging for those of you with an affinity to drab, or of a stealthy nature/on the run from the Feds/etc.
$_57.JPG

That's supposed to read HMPE not HDPE (rope not pipe!)

Last edited:

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
Looking for some ridge line :) but I've got 2 tarps to do!! Might as well get the 100m myself at that price. Great heads up, thanks.

Is it good stuff for ridge line and guys line?

GadgetUK437

Forager
Aug 8, 2010
North Devon
Might be a bit light at 131kg break strength (especially if you are knotting).
Doubling could be an option.

Still looking for a good source of 2-3mm single braid HMPE for under 99p per metre.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
You have realised Gadget you are offering to sit and dole out 500m of line into seperate packages of 50 metres ? Good on you.

Coming to the dyneema white winch line, I can't beat your price, and given that the dye comes off I think the white may be a good option. 65 euros + vat and transport that must be coming in at around 90 euros so that must be 65 quid for the roll. That makes the 3mm stuff around 33p/metre or a tenner for 30m. I'll take 30m if you please.

GadgetUK437

Forager
Aug 8, 2010
North Devon
I have decided to dip my toe!
Ordered a small reel (100m) of the 1.2mm fishing line in light grey. I'm hoping the dye issue won't be too bad, I'll report back on that.
It should be fine for tarp guy lines, see how it works with my prusik adjust system.

Toying with the idea of doing a 3 braid plait of it for a tarp ridgeline, 3x 136kg = 408kg, should be fine for a ridge (easily a 4x safety factor); and 3 1.2mm lines have roughly the same cross-section as 2mm ZingIt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE