GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I hate Computers. printers, wifi, software, hardware and

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I know what you mean!
The number of times that my computer has been THIS close to going out the window......

Ive almost done that a couple times at work , the only thing that stopped me was that i was either going to launch the Monitor of the Keyboard , and then i thought ...hey , what have they done wrong? It the stupid PCU fault ,not cool, not Karmic .

It would be like shooting the messenger, by the time i'd disconnect all the cables and gunk from under the desk my anger had subsided...

Inanimate objects have feelings too guys.:)

If it was a laptop, well , lets just say I'd be knocked off the I.T Christmas card list.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
She only printed one document and its all gone gaga!! its been SWMBO'd.

Not quite sure how she does it she gave me a little demure smile and said "right im off to work now oh and the printer has gone funny"

and the gonk at the call centre cut me off after I waited patiently listening to some naff shopping centre music for 25 mins!!

grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Oh , Its the printer??,,, Crack on then, they are just asking for it , nice ball pane hammer right in the inkjets----Bang!! Lights out.

Printers are like the Red tunic'd security guards from Star Trek , entirely expendable.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What's up with the printer then ?

Just remove it and re-add it mate. If you've got the drivers on a disk I'd uninstall it and the put it back on again.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I will Rich just not today or it will end up in the garden!! How does it lose all its drivers and its settings? swmbo as a real habit of naffing technology up. Up to press this in the last 3 months she has killed.

PS3
Her works Mobile
a food processor
a microwave
and now this!!!

lol strewth!! not letting her near any of my Kit!!

Anyway rant over I have calmed now!!

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Glad I'm not the only one having PC troubles today... Got up this morning, fired up the PC, it booted fine, logged in, then the screen went blank and it started beeping at me.. Rebooting only produced more blank screen and beeping, not even getting to POST... Much swearing and hunting for the mobo manual later, I fixed it by popping the RAM modules in and out a few times.

They're great when they work, but man, it annoys me when they don't... ;)

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Aye Launditch tried all the simple quick fixes I am going to have to uninstall then reload and reset the security etc etc I just hate doing stuff like this. I am the sort of bloke who finds tuning a tv in an inconvenience!!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
See working in IT means i don't just fix my pc, no i have to fix SWMBO's pc when she breaks that, oh and my dads. oh and my sisters.
and my dads m8's and our m8's and my sisters best friends, uncles, cousin's, houskeepers, pet dogs twice removed aunti with a eye patch and a wooden leg....

anyhoo here's something about callcentre's from "the oatmeal"

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service

slightly NSFW in language but hilarous all the same ;)

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
working in IT means i don't just fix my pc, no i have to fix SWMBO's pc when she breaks that, oh and my dads. oh and my sisters.
and my dads m8's and our m8's and my sisters best friends, uncles, cousin's, houskeepers, pet dogs twice removed aunti with a eye patch and a wooden leg....

makes me glad i got out and decided to teach:eek: no one ask you to fix their 13 year old boy! I now only fix my mums, wife's and a mates pc's
not quite a clean cut but close enough

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
See working in IT means i don't just fix my pc, no i have to fix SWMBO's pc when she breaks that, oh and my dads. oh and my sisters.

anyhoo here's something about callcentre's from "the oatmeal"

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/customer_service

slightly NSFW in language but hilarous all the same ;)

That sounds familiar!

No issues with fixing stuff for the family and close friends but it gets my goat when "friends" of "friends" expect it fixed for nothing :confused:

Try calling you local car garage and ask to speak to a mechanic, then ask him to talk you through stripping down the engine over the phone and putting it back together for a few hours, see how far you get.
I am sure all IT people will identify with this..
Rant over sorry :eek:

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I am sure all IT people will identify with this..

I even get it in the pub, but the replies to questions tend to get more colourful as the evening goes on.

Had the wife's best friends husband ringing me every night for a week whilst he tried to fix his mates laptop. Got a bit hacked off with him and sent him a bill. He didn't call back. :lmao:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
what a caper after spending another 30 mins on the jellybone with someone in south Africa I gave up!!

un installed everything, reset everything to factory defaults, downloaded all current software and drivers, installed previous, rebooted it all.:D

I think they went round the houses to cost the hapless victim more money on the blower!! little did they know I had used "say no to 0870" and had rang their uk office on its normal landline and got through that way.

Pooters!! huh...............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE