Growers cup coffee pouches.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I'm looking to organise a group buy for Growers cup coffee pouches. For those who haven't come across these little pouches, each one is a sort of mini cafetiere with 20g of fairtrade organic coffee in single use filter unit. To use, open the zip lock at the top, pour in 300ml of hot water (less for stronger, more for milder). Close the zip lock along the top. Leave for 3-6 mins (longer for stronger), twist off the cap of the spout, pour into mug. If you don't want to drink it all at once, you can place the black cap back on the spout.

Pouch Front:
XT1A1831_sm.JPG

Pouch Back:
XT1A1830_sm.JPG

I find these produce some of the best tasting coffee I've had. Each pouch weighs in at about 40g, and once used you can always dump out the spent coffee grounds, and it leaves a 20g empty pouch to pack out.

They come in 3 varieties, but the minimum order for them is 350 of each, so I am thinking of doing the group buy for 350 pouches of the Bolivian coffee (my favourite). Price works out at about 60p per pouch (Cotswolds sells them for £1.50).

Postage would be £2 for upto 6, and then £5 for upto 40.

Which works out at about £5.6 inc postage for 6, £20 inc postage for 25, £39 inc postage for 40. If you want more than 40, let me know and I'll work out the postage cost.

All prices are based on BACS payment, paypal fees will be calculated based on order value.

So far I have buyers for the first 125 pouches, so need people interested for the other 225...

25 - Quixoticgeek
100 - Anon

If you are interested, please add your name to the list. Exact price per pouch may change by ± a few phence due to exchange rates (these are coming from Denmark).

Julia

pysen78

Forager
Oct 10, 2013
Stockholm
I can add that the used satchel with the wet grounds seal up well, and works as a pretty nice hand warmer for about 15mins.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
What's the shelf life Julia?

Cheers, Michael.

The BBE on the pouch is about 6 months. I used a pouch that had a BBE of November at the weekend and it was fine. It's a sealed package, so assuming you don't leave it submerged in a pool of water, I would expect them to still be good for a year.

J

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
[video=youtube;w1uO5VBSz6w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1uO5VBSz6w[/video]Sunrise coffee

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE