Ground Mat and LongBow For Swaps (Pos Hooped bivvy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Far_Wanderer

Oct 29, 2009
Lancashire, England
All Items now swoped or put back in cupboard

Hi Guys I have a Exped Down Mat 9 and a Bickerstaffe longbow up for trade.

The DownMat is in my opinion the king of all mats I've used it all year round as I've got a problem with syatica and this mat just gives me the best nights sleep with out getting numb etc. Its about 2-3 years old and has been looked after well. There was a air leak in it about a year ago through but has been repaired and never leaked since. It is the old type were the stuff sack is used to inflate it and this has been the only method of inflation. The only reason I'm getting rid is I went out and bought the down mat 7 recently to go abit more light weight but I have to say that the method of inflating with the stuff sack is alot easier and less time consuming than the new intergrated pump but that might just be me being picky. Here is a link to a review of the down mat 9 http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Sleep%20Gear/Pads%20and%20Air%20Mattresses/EXPED%20Down%20Air%20Mattress/Owner%20Review%20by%20Ray%20Estrella/

I also have a Bickerstaffe Long Bow up aswell which is roughly 6 foot tall and is about 46lb draw weight. Since I have had the bow I have kept up with waxing and using wood polish to help keep it in good condition. It has a new Dacron string that was used once as I was teaching a group and was showing it off to them but since then I havent had need of it and its a fine peice of kit that is going to waste. I bought it afew years ago but have always kept it in the house when not in used and kept up with waxing it and the previus string and now the new one. When I bought this bow it was £150 and I think the quality of it shows. this is a link to the manufacturers site http://www.bickerstaffebows.co.uk/

I will post a couple of pictures of the mat and bow tomorrow evening.

Im open to swaping either for a axe if possible a small forest axe or a nice knife. But I am interested in any genuine and interesting swaps

Also I am considering at the moment offering my hooped bivvy bag made by a company called aquaqeust so If I have any offeres for decent kit I'll condifer swaping for it this is the link http://www.aqua-quest.net/161.htm. I do love this bag but am open to suggestions. I have used this bag and the downmat 9 in recent winter condition and never had a problem I even sleeped with just the fly sheet ziped up and the.

If there is anything I've missed please let me knoe so I can correct it

Last edited:

Far_Wanderer

Oct 29, 2009
Lancashire, England
Hi guys I'm also putting up for swaps a pair of mardale bothy slippers that are fleece line and made of pertex. They have a abrasion resistent bottom a size large and where made in england

I also have a snugpak sleeper 2+ Military thats comfort is 0 degrees

The longBow has gone now pending all goes well with the swap so Now I'll happly part with the rest for a small forest axe or simalir good quality bushy axe

Last edited:

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Im interested in the mat and hooped bivi but would need to have an idea of what kind of trade price your thinking of. Ive got loads of stuff to trade but wouldnt mind an idea of what your after. Ive got loads of cclothing, shirts and a few watches.

and also maybe my Martindale Golok No 2 with black micarta handle ?

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE