Greenman plaque

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Been making a couple of presents for friends this weekend and thought I would show some work in progress. Quite pleased with it so far.
There is about four hours in this so far, with probably another two to go.

greenman-WIP.jpg

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
thats looking top notch! always wanted to do a greenman but never found a design i like. some really nice tooling there. can i ask what your casing technique is? and how long you leave it before you tool? having a load of problems with some 3mm sego veg tan at the moment with casing

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
thats looking top notch! always wanted to do a greenman but never found a design i like. some really nice tooling there. can i ask what your casing technique is? and how long you leave it before you tool? having a load of problems with some 3mm sego veg tan at the moment with casing

I use a pump spray bottle with water and tandy easy-carve concentrate, wet the leather completely, wipe with a sponge and then wait for about five to ten minutes, untill the leather has regained its colour. I will also re-case if I feel its getting to dry, you can tell when carving as it starts dragging. I strop my swivel knife fairly often too.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Well, ,had a minor problem with the dye job, came out a bit darker than i would have liked but here it is along with another I did, just two more to do now :D
plaque-1.jpg

plaque-2.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE