Going to the park bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I have been working on a small bag with some bits in to grab when going to the park with the kids. It is based on UK army pouches and a day yoke, cause it's cheap, green [90 pattern] hard wearing and I'm going through a 'compartmentalisation' period at the moment.

One Day yoke one side pouch two ammo pouches and three water bottle pouches.

IMG_20170410_124220_zpsjbthqpyx.jpg

The side pouch has three badmington rackets, 2 wooden bats/ rackets, a foam baseball bat, a small hard foam football, a small hard foam rugby ball and a bit of cut down CCF mat rolled into a tube 'lining' the pouch. The Water Bottle pouch to the left has a cheap chinese wood gas stove, a meths burner and a small billy can with packet rice and pasta and cuppa soups. The left Ammo pouch has a large insulated steel mug with tea bags and hot chocolate sachets in one side the other has a plastic cup with the handle cut off, a small insulated cup nesting around a 330ml PET bottle of meths. The Centre Water Bottle pouch has a UL TW hammock and suspension with a DD UL 3 x 2.9m tarp guy lines, ridgeline and pegs. The Right Ammo pouch has a tube of shuttle cocks in one side and a large foam ball, a tennis ball and to smaller balls in the other side. The right Water Bottle pouch has a water bottle in it, about 2 litres, which fits perfectly. Oh and it also has a frizbee wedged between the side pouch and day yoke at the back.

I'm guessing the whole lot would weigh about 8 kg [not sure as I've not actually weighed it - just thought briefly about what's in it and guessed]

IMG_20170410_124250_zpsevuzascj.jpg

Anyway it's evolved a bit since I starting playing with this idea but there is lots in there for the kids and me to play with at the park/ woods :)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I understand. Take the square of the number of kids and that's the quantity to pack for. Two kids require 4X supplies.
You're making me feel old = my D1 turned 40 last week. I don't mind the memories at all.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
How many kids do you have?

My memory of going to parks was that IF a ball came along, there was one, it was either a ball or a Frisbee, and after the age of 10, I carried it. Generally though, visits to the parks were all about walking trails and looking at stuff....and my parents weren't bushcraft/outdoors folk.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
How many kids do you have?
QUOTE]

Three, but generally friends come along or they meet more at the park. Not everything gets played with on every occasion, depending on weather conditions etc but it's nice to have a choice.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
What about adding a tarp for when it rains and a compendium of board games and a pack of cards to while away the time until the rain stops?

Otherwise you seem to have covered all eventualities.

Just re-read your post. You do have a tarp! A generator may be a possibility then they could power electronic games and a small TV!

Last edited:

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Board games and cards don't involve running around, and I need to get mine knackered or they have waaay to much unspent energy and that's when things get dangerous!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Ariael ball games in parks here are discouraged, too many bystanders getting clunked.
Bocce is growing rapidly in popularity. Very heavy game set, though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE