1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gloucestershire and Herefordshire sites and meet ups

Discussion in 'England South West' started by KnifeEater, Mar 15, 2017.

1. KnifeEater

KnifeEater Member

Hi everyone,

I've noticed there isn't much activity on here recently so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I'm looking for sites preferably in the forest of Dean and wye valley areas.

I myself am based in Gloucester and a friend and I who lives in Hereford visit the site at Yellowwood (which I can't recommend enough). I though don't drive, so a 1h40 drive to Yellowwood becomes a half day ordeal on public transport.

Also I'm not sure how many members are active in the surrounding area but if anyone is up for a meet up speak up. It seems a shame to have such wonderful countryside everywhere but no bushcrafting community to enjoy it.

2. madtrapper1

madtrapper1 New Member

hi i have just joined this site and was looking for like minded people in and around the forest of dean and i am keen to take part in some meet ups, there are a few camp sites that will accommodate bushcraft but not many so most is stealth camping which is ok but i don't enjoy as much, my favorite is Broadstone fisheries near monmouth nice site,nice guy that runs it he is a laid back guy when it comes to bushcraft it is where we have the Camp shaky meet at xmas sorry for rambling count me in if you get a meet up in the future always love to meet like minded people.