Giants Seat Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sweetpea

Apr 25, 2013
Bolton UK
Hi All,

I'm new to posting on the forum but have spent the past few months lurking in the background and reading many of the excellent posts and reviews.

I am an avid outdoor fan and spend most of my weekends backpacking and fell walking mostly in the lakes and Yorkshire dales.... although I'm ashamed to say its usually in a tent! (I know... shame on you)

Anyway... reason for my post is that I noticed you meet on a fairly regular basis at Giants Seat....

I am fortunate enough to live only a few hundred yards away from here, and walk through the site and surrounding woods everyday with my dog.

Does anybody know when the next meeting here is likely to be?

I'd love to come along and introduce myself and see what its all about?

Thanks

Mike ;)

sweetpea

Apr 25, 2013
Bolton UK
Have a look on Facebook for the Greater Manchester Bushcraft Group and the dates for the next meets will be in the events section.

I'm ashamed to admit I don't have a facebook account.... but will get my daughter to log on and i'll have a look....many thanks

Mike :)

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
what he said lol

The next meet is probably going to be February but am waiting on confirmation from the warden.

They have another group using the field (larpers) and as long as they have no issue with us using the woods it should be fine.

Dave

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Ha ha I know.... Winter in the fells is very unforgiving... Couldn't see myself under a tarp at this time of year!

Will watch this thread with interest and hopefully come and meet up when you do go.

Thanks mike

Wish I could go but Marlboro and TB = COPD so no hiking for me but I still will camp when I can. Enjoy yourself chap and stick with a tent until you are totally confident your tarp and skills are up to the job :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE