Gerber gator machete

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Anyone got any experience of the gator gerber machete? Looking for something lighter for when I don't need the GB - just for general camp tasks etc.

Cheers all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a friend of mine has one,we nicknamed it the ""zombieslayer"" -- which is probably the only thing it is good for. handle is waaayys too big, stumpy tang and personally i dislike the idea of a saw facing / a sharp edge facing my way when using a tool. ++i believe there have been safety issues with it.... i would recommend something else.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Only played with the Gator in the shop. I do rate the Bear Grylls Parang which I bought in preference.

I actually moved on my GB Axe as I stopped using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I've just bought the Bear Grylls compact parang, in fact just arrived this morning. Feels solid enough, lightweight and solidly built sheath. Yet to whack a bit of wood with it but sure it'll do a good job.

Buying the BG compact was so I could scale down from using other machette/parang/bolo hybrids that I've used until now. The compact is ideal as it's of a size where my kids can safely use it without having to wield some sword-like beast of a blade.

I love Gerber gear but the thing that put me off the gator (and gator junior) was the saw-back blade. Not just from the safety aspect but because I imagined it would cause problem if trying to baton wood.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE