Flint in Yorkshire?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
I'm trying to get some flint nodules for various uses. Does anybody from Yorkshire happen to know if there are any suitable places I could collect some along the coast around the Flamborough Head area, as the Kent coast is a bit of a trek.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Hi Alan,
I have access to a lot of nice black flint I can send you for the postage if you like.
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Springheeljack1

Forager
May 12, 2011
Sheffield
I trek about Sheffield and the Peak District and I never seem to be able to find any.

Sent from my pie-phone, via Tip-top......…hmm Tip-top!

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Say you need a "sample" of York gold as you're thinking of redoing your drive. You'll get some free then.

Surely people don't put flint on their driveways? It is one of the hardest and sharpest substances found in nature. Even if you tumbled it first to make it smooth, as soon as you drove a car onto it pieces would break and you'd be back to a driveway full of razor blades.

I forsee a lot of flat tyres with such a drive.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Surely people don't put flint on their driveways? It is one of the hardest and sharpest substances found in nature. Even if you tumbled it first to make it smooth, as soon as you drove a car onto it pieces would break and you'd be back to a driveway full of razor blades.

I forsee a lot of flat tyres with such a drive.

My drive is covered with it - I have had no issues.

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Pretty much anywhere South of Flamborough will do. Bridlington down to Spurn Point is fairly reliable and I've found some fairly decent samples as far South as Skegness. You may find the quality varies but with a keen eye I'm sure you will find something to suit your needs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE