Fjallraven- great customer service.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
As a fan of Fjallraven in general (two jackets bought second hand on here) I bought a substantial leather belt from Tamarack outdoors a couple of years back. It wasn't cheap.

However, a few months ago, I dropped the belt in the floor and was disappointed to find the buckle had broken. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445176801.642263.jpg

Due to the timescales since the original purchase, I contacted Fjallraven direct to see what could be done. Despite not having the original receipt, they asked for a full description of what happened and to see some images.

After a couple of e-mails, I chose to have a returned equipment belt sent as a replacement. They stated this had been sent back to them due to some slight marking on the leather.

The equipment belt arrived and it is outstanding. I realise there are people who could craft better on here, but to have something this well made - in Sweden - issued as a replacement is fantastic in my view. A far higher monetary value than the original belt too. I can't find anything wrong with it.

Credit where it is due. I have e-mailed them too, but thought it relevant to share here. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445177162.971865.jpg

Excellent all round.

davidpingu

Forager
Nov 3, 2012
Cwmbran
I've been looking at a few items of fjallraven kit recently as I love the look of their stuff. Their packs and the downshirt coat they do in particular. Would love to hear more reviews of their stuff from people on here but don't wish to thread jack. Is there another recent thread?
By the way, has anyone seen their stores over in Scandinavia? So much want for some to be opened in the uk!

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
I think the general view is that they used to make great kit - not for everyone - but quality is lower in recent years. Most agree the prices are very high. I have s couple of jackets from s few years back. A plain, single layer G1000 M65 style (telemark?) and a fantastic Lars Falt jacket (a bit small now) and they are both brilliant jackets.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I reckon that they have got through the dodgy manufacture phase of their existence. A couple of recent purchases from them lead me to believe that they have returned to good, well-made clothing that lasts well; I cannot vouch for their tents or rucksacks but, for garments, I'd say that their quality control is firing on all cylinders.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
nice one mate, always fancies one of those, but can't really justify one. i have tonnes of FR gear, trousers, shirts, jackets, rucksack and a sleeping bag. it's not gear for everyone and it does have its limitations, but, aside from the cost, i have no problem with it. the quality is certainly no less than my first pair of trousers i bought 20 years ago.
Davidpingu, good call, i should pop a post up of all my kit. And, yes,i went to the flag store in Stockholm, arrrgh! heaven! one should be opening in London next year, according to my sources, lol!

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
I reckon that they have got through the dodgy manufacture phase of their existence. A couple of recent purchases from them lead me to believe that they have returned to good, well-made clothing that lasts well; I cannot vouch for their tents or rucksacks but, for garments, I'd say that their quality control is firing on all cylinders.

Agreed. The gear I've seen looks fantastic. Expensive. But, fantastic.

£500 is ludicrous for a jacket, but, it's one hell of a jacket. :)

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
nice one mate, always fancies one of those, but can't really justify one. i have tonnes of FR gear, trousers, shirts, jackets, rucksack and a sleeping bag. it's not gear for everyone and it does have its limitations, but, aside from the cost, i have no problem with it. the quality is certainly no less than my first pair of trousers i bought 20 years ago.
Davidpingu, good call, i should pop a post up of all my kit. And, yes,i went to the flag store in Stockholm, arrrgh! heaven! one should be opening in London next year, according to my sources, lol!

I bought both my jackets from members here. The quality is superb. The Lars Falt jacket is brilliant - I have the Large size, could really do with the XL - I love it.

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
A bit OT,but...Got the Sarek trekking jacket...love it! Got the Keb trousers, but I am a bit sceptical regarding the strech fabric when they get older...but I'll have to wait and see.

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
nice one mate, always fancies one of those,

If you are after a similar belt to the Fjallraven Equipment Belt, the Finnish army surplus guys - Varusteleka, do a similar one much cheaper. Postage to the UK is reasonable too.
attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-classic-leather-belt-veggie-tanned-50-mm/32537
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-classic-leather-belt-loop/32534

Attachments

• 32537.jpg
    32537.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 32534.jpg
    32534.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 64

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE