Fjallraven experts please...G1000 H/D Marks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
zwb3Fhol.jpg

oijkHvHl.jpg

Can anyone tell me what these marks are?

I'm guessing they are burn marks from waxing??

It seems to be all over the material which is more heavy duty than regular G1000

been through the wash, but Havent tried to clean it with aything yet.

I will most likely wax these areas.

Thanks

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Ooo, that looks a bit odd. How do you apply the wax? Iron or other means? If you iron it, make sure it is set on low as the wax really doesn't need much heat to melt into the fabric. I generally just use a hair drier set on hi. You might find just rewaxing will help even the colour out again. hopefully the marks won't affect the performance of the fabric.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I haven't done anything to it apart from wash it, and the marks were there before the wash.

ill get some fjallraven wax and renew it.

It only has the marks on the thicker heavy duty G1000 areas which leads me to thinking it was done with too hot an iron.

i'm not that worried, it gonna be a beater jacket,

just wondered if there is an easy solution to cleaning/sorting it out. some suggested white vinegar and all sorts.....shrug emoji

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I'm guessing it was bought 2nd hand and not new. If it"s new, i'd get a replacement. If it's 2nd hand, then, as you say, give it a wax (i use a mix of home made g1000 and nikwax spray wax) and fingers crossed the fabric isn't damaged.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE