First attempts at figure carving - PIC HEAVY

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
I've been wanting to do a full torso for some time and finally got up the nerve over the last couple of days. These 2 ladies are about 3" tall. The first one I did is the one on the base and while I was very pleased with her there were a few things wrong, so I did her sister as well. I decided her sister should be a little more anatomically correct so I carved her some nipples and a navel, which resulted in me saying "Do you know how hard it is to sand around nipples?" - my best quote ever I think!

Anyway, what do you think?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
When did my wife model for you Rafe? :rolleyes: :lmao::lmao:

Joking apart that's really nice work, I like how the grain of the wood works with the shape of both of them :)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
There great, just like the Mrs the other week! :D
I just been bought a book on figure carving. Hope mine turn out as nice as those.

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Now that is something that I would love to have a go at.
Those are fantastic. Funny, but until you mentioned about the nipples and tummy button I hadn't noticed. I don't think the first carving is any the less good, just more abstract. I also like the fact that they are 3" and not larger, but that's my personal preference.

Love the phrase re sanding around the nipples...worth having a go just so's to be able to use it too! ;)

Cheers
Sack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE