First Aid Kit Supplies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Where do you get your First Aid Supplies from and do you know where i can get some BIGG dressings for axe wounds etc

What do you have in yours?

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
You just reminded me to search for first aid stuff bushman thanks.

I've not used this shop but here we go

http://www.999supplies.com/product_info.php/products_id/2565

But as always if you want something look on the Bay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=588&item=2261174515&rd=1

Field dressings do have a use by date but I've never had a decent reason why, it has no active ingredient to go off. Anyone know why they go off? Leon1?

An FFD should cope with a big wound and they will stop a lot of blood at least giving you time.

Bill

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Hmm just noticed the 999 supplies one has different sizes of FFD anyone recomend the best size for ,as bushman says, a big axe wound bandage?

Bill

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Hi, The large FFD is supposed to hold a pint of blood, so I would think the small one will hold about half a pint. So I suppose it depends on how big the wound was, personally I carry at least 3 large and 2 small but thats for work purposes.

Brian

M

mick

The sizes of the ffd are 10cm by 19cm and 20cm by 19cm and the larget size i think is 30cm by 19cm.
just remember, your not just wanting to soak up blood but stop the bleeding and that means applying pressure.

speaking of dressings what does eveyone else carry?
i use none adherant pads for minor injuries. for major injuries i carry triangular bandages to use as pads and crepe bandages instead of conforming bandages.

the reason why i carry those instead of standard dressings is because during my fa at work course i found this method easier to use especialy on injuries where an object may be protruding out of the injury.

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
I'm a member of the British Red Cross, and I use SP Services www.spservices.co.uk for my first aid supplies and have always found them to be very good, not necessarily the cheapest place but probably the most convenient, another company you could try is Galls www.galls.co.uk.

Both of the above companies will provide a printed catalogue as well as their online one.

As soon as I can find my backpacking first aid kit list I will post it, it may seem quite big, but any comments about it always welcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE