Firesteel Deluxe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dimi.t.dfd

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2011
Belgium
studioblade.blogspot.com
I customized a 9mm firesteel. IMHO the Swedish "Light My Fire" brand is by far the best quality firesteel out there. I've tried a lot of different brands...If you buy one be sure it is the "ARMY" model, the smaller "Scout" is too small to be handy. The shower of sparks is better on the 9mm Army model.

I customized this one for myself. Not only because I like unique luxury items, but also because I wanted it be easy detachable when wearing it on a lanyard and easy to find when lost in the snow or dirt. Have you ever tried to find a green/black/brown item between leaves and dirt in the forest?

Also I added a mozaic pin to secure the "detachable system" to the firesteel itself. Everything is glued together with epoxy. The orange material is G10.

Hope you like it,

Dimi

IMG_2750.jpgIMG_2751.jpgIMG_2752.jpgIMG_2759.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I like that, neatly and cleverly done. Such a simple idea putting a quick release clip on the fire steel, have never seen it done before but it makes such sense.

Great job.

ATB,
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE