Firesteel Blank Group Buy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Well it’s about time that I started to put some effort in the BCUK after getting so much from all of you guys so: -

Is anybody interested in a firesteel blank group buy?

Here's the blurb from the seller's website www.firesteel.co.uk :-

"Firesteel Rods are one of the best ways of lighting a fire in a survival situation. Firesteels for bushcraft, survival, camping and barbeques!

Ferrocerium is a man made mix of 20 different metals fused together into a rod. Ferro rods consist of 20% iron, with small amounts of zinc, magnesium, cerium, lanthanum, neodymium plus small amounts of other rare earth elements. We supply a top quality no frills product at the lowest possible price."

www.firesteel.co.uk would do 50 + 5 free for £150 which brings the price down to £2.73 per unit PLUS P&P at cost and Pay Pal fees would have to be added. Their price structure is here: - http://www.firesteel.co.uk/firesteel blanks.htm

I would suggest that batches of 5 firesteel blanks per person. This works out a £13.75 for 5 firesteels PLUS P&P at cost and Pay Pal fees. I suggest that the P&P be charged at the same rate as www.firesteels.co.uk are charging which is £3.00 for 5 firesteels + 5% Pay Pal fees 84p making a total of £17.58 I think this should cover everything and if it works out cheaper the "profit" will be donated here http://www.justgiving.com/runningforTeenageCancerTrust a per MagiKellys previous fund raising auction. If anybody is unhappy with this please advise.

Don’t forget that you could split any multiples of 5 firesteels with you bushcrafting buddies.

If there is significant interest above the 55 units I will contact the seller and see what he can do on the price.

PAYMENT: -

Payment is via Pay Pal. Nearer the time of ordering the firesteels I will PM members that have ordered with my Pay Pal account details. I will also accept cheques - but suggest that if you want to pay in this way you should contact me as I will need to have the cheque cleared prior to placing the order with www.firesteel.co.uk

The first allocation of 55 units is now reserved! I will leave this for a little while longer to gauge what the interest from other members. If it warrants I will start a second allocation and order in "one hit".

BTW - I have no connection to the company, seller, etc.

Cheers,

Phil.

List so far: -

First Allocation: -

5 x Firesteels Wildrover PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Adi PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Andy J PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels AndyW PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
10 x Firesteels Eric_Methven PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels John Pickett and janiepopps PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Shibari.surfer PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Longstrider PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Buckshot PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels ilan PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.

Second Allocation: -

5 x Firesteels w00dsmoke PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels fred gordon PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels redcollective PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Bardster PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Andyn (re-allocation of Chopper's order as no response)
5 x Firesteels swyn PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels scanker PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Gibbsy PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels madrussian PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels moduser (re-allocation of copper_head's order as no response)
5 x Firesteels FoxyRick PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.

Third Allocation: -

5 x Firesteels davef PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels reddave PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels kobalt01 PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels 2blackcat PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Radar_Uk PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels paradox (LSG) PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels willie PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels silvergirl PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Dingo PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Seoras PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels P@ul PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.

OVER-SPILL ALLOCATION:-

5 x Firesteels Caleb PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED 20/02/2007.
5 x Firesteels Cormac PAID - thank you. DISPATCHED and received.

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Yes hello, just posted on the "how to remove plastic handle " question, Yes please, I'm in for fve too, Thanks Andy...PM me for my details...

WOW - these are going fast!!

As stated if we go over the 55 (50+5 free) then I will contact the seller.

Re: madrussian - not sure what P&P would be to the States mate as I don't know the weight of the items. I've not put you down for 5 at this stage - but leave it with me buddy and I'll see what I can do. BTW - the 5 free were included in the batch of 55 to bring the price down.

Cheers all,

Phil.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I may be interested in 5 as well, but has anyone got one of these and tried it ?

It may be worth doing before you order 150. :)

Chopper said:
I may be interested in 5 as well, but has anyone got one of these and tried it ?

It may be worth doing before you order 150. :)

I know several other people who have ordered these and they say they work fine and are happy with the purchase. I use and abuse my firesteels and don't expect them to last too long.

If you are not sure about placing the order at this stage I would suggest leaving it.

I will await your approval before placing you on Second Allocation.

Cheers,

Phil.

firesteelcam

Oct 23, 2006
RUGBY
www.firesteel.co.uk
Hi,
I just heard about the group buy from one of your menbers 'British Red', who had started the pimp my firesteel thread on this site. :lmao:
Just a few things to say, firstly hello to all , and a big thankyou for your interest in my business. I started firesteel.co.uk just over a year ago after being amazed by the product, but dismayed at having to pay about £12 to buy a piece of metal with a plastic handle. :(
After some time I managed to source a supplier who was a manufacturer, not a reseller, and decided to sell at the lowest possible markup to encourage a higher turnover. Luckily I have an established business in industrial flooring, so I was not reliant on firesteel sales to earn money. Also I have the finance to risk sending thousands of pounds to an initially unknown supplier the other side of the world before any product appears. :eek:
Initially I think people presume a low price equates to low quality, but many of my customers now are repeat customers, I also supply many of the custom knife makers around the world including the famous one with the 2 year waiting list.

Answers to question from Madrussian....postage to the USA. I have just weighed 5 steels in a padded envelope and looked on Royal Mail postage calculater. £3.89.

Phil, Thanks for your input...I don't envy you packing them all up! As for the £3 to post on, there will be a bit of profit, but not much, I charge a bit more than it costs to cover my time and petrol to the PO. I think its great to donate the left over, and as a thankyou I will send £10 for every 55 firesteels bought to your charity. I will pay direct to just giving, you will be able to see my donation.
I will keep popping back to answer any questions. :D
Regards
Cam
firesteel.co.uk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE