Fire Board!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Dear all.

In the next four weeks or so I am just about to drop some 'pussy' Willow, if you want it for fire boards then please let us know.........it's free!! You just have to pay P+P.

Best wishes.

Jack.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Having a good straight grain its also good for feather sticks.

So if Jack can do it I'd get some thumb to wrist thick limbs to quarter and practice feather sticks too.

Just a thought.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Good idea Gary.

The diameter is from about 2" - 6".

Raz just asked how much P+P will be, so what I will do is put up the P+P rates up and then we can what the cost will be but it will be green at this stage so it may be wise to let me stand if for a while or you can have it green and leave it on top of a radiator.........in your front room :shock:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Should be ok for carving depending on what you want to carve of course - sometimes the grain might work against you as might the other properties of the wood.

I usually like to carve green wood and Jack mentioned drying that slightly.

Personally if your going to try carving - especially for a first time - try birch it usaully the most 'user' friendly.

Hope that helped.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
As promised.

Prices for P+P for the fire boards........

1kg £3.46

1.5kg £4.45

2kg £4.78

4kg £7.20

6kg £7.96

8kg £8.96

10kg £9.62

Cheers.

Jack.

Send me a PM who would like some as I am bound to lose the orders otherwise!

They will come in lenghts of 18" in the round and you can then cleave them out to what you want.

Cheers.

Jack.

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
OK chaps, I have coppiced the willow, carried it half across the wood :notworthy , on the hottest day of the year :ekt:
and it is now back at the ranch. :super:

I have blazed some to help it dry out quicker and have left some with the bark on. I can send what you want but I thought it best to let it stand a while so the moisture content drops and then you will get more for your money. :naughty:

Guru, as you paid for the P+P some time back, what would you like us to do? :?:

Best wishes.

Jack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE