Finland / Laipanmaa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Laipanmaa is 15 x 15 km hiking area near Tampere in Southern Finland. Tampere–Pirkkala Airport is only a half-hour drive away. Ryanair flights to Tampere from e.g. London-Stansted, Bremen, Frankfurt-Hahn and Milan. Would there be any person(s) interested of participating to a relatively short excursion of around three, four days in the spring or summer of 2015?

Below is a short film showing what kind of terrain and landscape one can expect from the area.

[video=youtube;JGHtO0_bCnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGHtO0_bCnw[/video]

Last edited:

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Other area within equal distance from the Tampere-Pirkkala Airport is Siikaneva. Smaller (around 12x12 km) than Laipanmaa, it is mostly consisted of wetlands and lakes.

[video=youtube;L9sv0KSOz5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9sv0KSOz5s[/video]

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
I'd be interested as work is currently taking me to Hameenlinna every month or so. I won't have much time in the summer though, so any trips would have to be March-April (or Autumn, if I'm still working their then).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I'd be interested as work is currently taking me to Hameenlinna every month or so. I won't have much time in the summer though, so any trips would have to be March-April (or Autumn, if I'm still working their then).

April would certainly be better than March in a sense that no skies or snowshoes would be required. On the other hand, rubber boots or equivalent are mandatory. However, I would suggest May for a meeting since flights would be cheaper then, the terrain would be drier and the temperature would be quite high, but not high enough for serious mosquito threat!

Any comments?

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Could well make a four dayer in May Martti.
It would be my only trip over seas this year and I would happily prioritise it.
Would be good to meet you too.
I see my old sparing partner Imagedude is showing an interest!.

Best.

Chris.

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
May/Summer is closing in, but there seems to be little interest towards a 2-3 days trip to such areas as Laipanmaa?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE