Finland: Anyone been there lately?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Madra rua

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 20, 2004
Ireland
Hello, I'm thinking about heading to Finland in August or early September and would like to hear from anyone who has been there hiking, canoeing or fishing. Any information regarding parks, wildlife and campfire regulations would be much appreciated. :-D

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
As I recall, many of the fishing rights are privately owned. To fish, you have to pay a leasing fee of some sort. I don't think they even have fishing licenses but I could be wrong. I think this even extends out into the Baltic Sea. I was visiting there some years ago and my friend has a cottage right on the Baltic. He has to pay a fee to fish the area in front of his cottage. The cool thing is that you can fish with nets. :-D We were catching jumbo perch (basically the same kind of perch we catch in freshwater here) in the Baltic. Big and tasty! :cool:

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hi There,

I haven't been yet but it is worth your while contacting the Finnish Tourist board. They have whole host of free brochers on all sorts of activities including Fishing, Hiking, Skiing etc. with info on licences and park fees.

They are extremlly helpful but as some of the brochers are posted from Germany and some from the UK they may not all come together.

I am afraid I don't have a web address for them but a google search should bring it up.

Hope this helps

James

Mar 2, 2004
finland,finland,finland,the country where i want to be
ponytrekking or camping ,or just watching tv.............the joys of finland can be heard in the song by monty python.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE