Finally - Girl's 7 day solo UL alpine run. The Video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Finally got the movie to upload

Inside you will find:
Plenty of landscape. (Of course)
But also:
Shelter and clothing strategies for 25c to -5c and still only 8,5kg including food
Mountain running techniques - including steep scree running
Route planning and pacing
Stunning views
How to cook snails
Many many chamoix
And of course lots of me having a big amount of fun running around like a crazy thing in the alps

Enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;vQ7k7IKl52s]http://youtu.be/vQ7k7IKl52s[/video]
http://youtu.be/vQ7k7IKl52s

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Susanne, could I ask a question, and I hope you are not offended, if you are then I apologise but how do you fund all your trips ?

I ask because I would love to do that type and number of trips / adventures but things like mortgage payments, jobs, family commitments etc all conspire to stop me, tell me how you do it :)

Last edited:
Susanne, could I ask a question, and I hope you are not offended, if you are then I apologise but how do you fund all your trips ?

I ask because I would love to do that type and number of trips / adventures but things like mortgage payments, jobs, family commitments etc all conspire to stop me, tell me how you do it :)

Not offended at all. we sold our big house, most of our stuff, and we moved to the Alps into a small house.

Most of my trips are 1-2 days (weekends) or max 3 days and start from my front door.

I have an office job.

:)

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Really interesting stuff.

Could you post some info on your poncho/tarp and space blanket setup in the kit section please? I am intrigued.

Thanks

Julia

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Hi Julia,

Sure thing. Anything in particular I should be covering?

Do you think it would help to make a shorter cut just of that part?

Thank you for asking, really encouraging...

:)

Basically some more detail on how you have setup the space blanket on the tarp. Have you just taken a space blanket, and added loops to it so that you can attach it to the poncho? What make is the poncho? Do some space blankets work better than others?

Is there a reason for choosing a poncho, over just a tarp?

Thanks

Julia

Basically some more detail on how you have setup the space blanket on the tarp. Have you just taken a space blanket, and added loops to it so that you can attach it to the poncho? What make is the poncho? Do some space blankets work better than others?

Is there a reason for choosing a poncho, over just a tarp?

Thanks

Julia

Ahhh OK. Gotcha. Will do....

Thanks for asking.

S

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE