Fifth Hammock Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Fifth Hammock Group Buy :banghead:

Okay I give in. The reserve list for these has now grown to the level where another buy has become almost inevitable. The information is the same as the first post in this thread

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=7510

Or this one :rolleyes:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=7795

Or this :rolleyes:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=8288

or a number of others, although frankly if you do not yet know about the group buy hammocks you really have not being paying attention.

The last time the price worked out at £19.30 including postage and PayPal fees. I am not aware of any increase but allow up to an extra couple of pounds in your planning in case. Before I place the order I will confirm the price.

I am not placing the order yet but will do so when we get to about 25 or 30 reserved as I did not have any the last time to put on SotP.

Let the frenzy begin.

And if you have not done so you might want to put your name down for the insect netting group buy as well.

Reactions: tomtom

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Wow great news MagiKelly :)

I'd like 4 hammocks please.

Will the cost to send it to Belgium be a lot higher then the mentioned 19,3 £ ?

greetings

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Sorry I didn't realise you had to order multiple hammocks on this group buy :lmao:

Seriously John I'll take two instead of one.

I can always use the second for hanging my kit in or in a dire emergency put the wife in it :D

Moduser

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
John,

Some questions about the specs:
- What's the length of the hammock? I've read in the very first group buy thread the length could vary from 2.8 - 3.2m ... Was there any variation in sizing in the 4 groupbuys you did?

- Just to be sure: it's a single layer hammock isn't it?

For all the other guys: ;)
Is there anyone who uses a Magikelly hammock in conjunction with a Woodlore tarp / hootchi / basha / whatever? Any pointers? Good, bad - tarp needs to be a bit bigger, etc. You know, the usual stuff ;)

Cheers,

MagiKelly

Johan

The group buy hammocks seem to be have a consistent material length of about 2.85m. They are single layer.

As for a tarp this has been discussed a fair bit and I think the hoochi or basha is a little small. I think you need a tarp with a minimum of 3m length. A hex fly gives you 3.5m along the ridge. Recently I have tried the 3 x 3m tarps and set them on the diagonal which is them over 4m long.
The postage to Europe is an extra £0.80 per hammock. Hammocks are sent in individual packages.

List so far :rolleyes:

2 moduser
2 beamdune
4 gunnix
2 Bardster

10 so far. Less than 2 hours into the fifth group buy :banghead:

Jan 31, 2005
Germany
Please, please, please can I have one. But is this for real???or just another hammock group buy rumour :confused: Thanks for all your hard work you will get your rewards in hammock heaven :You_Rock_

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
To save everyone reading through all the other group buys for the information:

Rings (To replace the hooks and be a bit more secure)

Cheap tape - This tape works, but may stretch a teeny bit. For better quality tape, you need climbing tape, but it's significantly more expensive.

Ease of attachment, I'd say very easy. :)

Prickly Pear

Mar 28, 2006
Canterbury, Kent
As good a reason as any to quit delaying signing up and getting stuck in these here fantasitical forums. Your drawing us in from far and wide MK (well...Kent :rolleyes: ). I'll take two please if thats possible!! :D

Steve

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
yarrow harps on about his enough, so i'm gonna have to put my name down :D ! i'll take one thanks

MagiKelly

List so far :rolleyes:

2 moduser
2 beamdune
4 gunnix
2 Bardster
1 Marts
1 Spikey DaPikey
1 tagnut69
1 missy mycelium
2 Prickly Pear
1 R-J

17 so far

Cyclingrelf thanks for posting the links. I have to say though I do really prefer the climbing tape. It does not stretch at all and has a soft feel to it that makes tying & releasing the knots much easier but it will add almost £15 to the cost of your hammock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE