Fiddling with the Mil-tec kukri

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zed4130

Forager
Aug 4, 2011
poole
I got this a week ago as a cheap knock around kukri it cost around £22 posted, its taken a bit of effort to get a edge on it but im getting there, its not as sharp as my old nepal kukri yet, i didnt like the rubber handle so removed it and added paracord although i might try and make a wooded handle in time, i see this as a little fun project knife, i also added the pouch to the sheath, heres a of pic,

Before
P1010195-4.jpg

P1010223-1.jpg

P1010224.jpg

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
If it proves a useful as an old carbon steel bill hook, all well and good. I made a mistake some time ago of buying a German Army Knife (not the current issue) thinking it would be made by Victorinox, it was not, it was a MilTec knock off and absolutely useless.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
If it proves a useful as an old carbon steel bill hook, all well and good. I made a mistake some time ago of buying a German Army Knife (not the current issue) thinking it would be made by Victorinox, it was not, it was a MilTec knock off and absolutely useless.
I have two GAK's old issue they are both made by different companies, I believe that they were made by 6 different companies I have a Victorinox & a B&H which is as well made I have shortened the blades to comply with S139 points & blades.

Back to the Mil-tec Kukri, I have a couple of Nepalese Khukri, they are a little straighter, as said by Expat there is a hint of billhook about it. I do like the addition of the pouch to the sheath; I agree wooden handles are the way to go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE