1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up with Flickr.....

Discussion in 'Suggestions, bugs and feedback about the site' started by Sundowner, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Sundowner

Sundowner Full Member

Tried to embed photos on here from Flickr but just failed again and again despite my legendary patience and endless HOW TO videos on YouTube. I just haven't got the buttons they show. Is there another hosting site that is free and actually user friendly for old grumpy sods like me?
    Many thanks for any help

2. Stew

Stew Bushcrafter through and through

postimage.org works well.

3. Mesquite

Mesquite Anyone for sailing?

Flickr is pretty simple to post pics from and this is the way I do it

1:
    Select from Flickr the picture you want to post, For this example I'm selecting the map by clicking on it

[​IMG]

2. This then opens the map photo up. To get the code for posting it I click on the 'sweeping right' arrow which is at the bottom right of the screen indicated with a red arrow in the picture

[​IMG]

3. This then opens up a selection box. Make sure the BBC code option is selected. It normally defaults to this when opening but just check . You then choose the size picture you want to post from the drop down options. I normally choose the largest of the medium selections as it's a good size for posts. However the pictures I've used for this tutorial were done with the first of the largest selection. Just have a play around to see what size you like.

[​IMG]

4. Once you've decided on size of picture highlight the text in the first box and right click so you can copy it

[​IMG]

5. Normally you'd use the post picture on the edit page screen on the forum.

[​IMG]

6. But because you copied the complete code from Flickr all you need to do is right click and select paste and the entire code will be put into your text.

[​IMG]

7. Hit enter and hopefully your pictures will appear :)

4. bobnewboy

bobnewboy Settler

Note that you will not get access to the links if you aren't logged into Flickr, or if the images are on someone else's account.

5. Sundowner

Sundowner Full Member

Thanks for all your help guys

6. Shewie

Shewie Mod
    Mod

I don't think all the buttons show on a mobile device either

7. Wullie

X2 on postimage...

8. Sundowner

Sundowner Full Member

Oh sheeesh. Of course that is where im wrong. I'm on my android. Sorry ai should have thought. Just blame my age?

9. Tony

Tony White bear (Admin)
    Admin

The images issues might be a little easier to deal with when we're moved to the new software as well... We'll not be hosting images (unless you're a subscribing member) but things might be smoother getting them linked in and displaying on the forums.

Thanks Steve for taking the time to put all this step by step together... goodjob

10. Sundowner

Sundowner Full Member

Thanks again for all suggestions. I've decided to go with POSTIMAGE as it even works from my android. Thanks again

11. lostplanet

lostplanet Full Member

For future info, i am using imgur which seems pretty straight forward to use.

12. C_Claycomb

Mod

I did see something at the time Photobucket pulled the plug that although Imgur's system allows images to link, their terms of use do not.

13. lostplanet

lostplanet Full Member

seem to be ok at the moment with imgur, they give you a view count and bandwidth usage.

maybe if it is heavily viewed there maybe restrictions but at the moment i cant see anything saying dont link.

[​IMG]