Fat outdoors trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
Here's one for all the chunky monkeys out there. Where the hell can you get decent "outdoors" trousers? None of the high street retailers stock much above a 40" waist, which leaves me in the cold with bare legs!!!

Anybody got any suggestions (except for "try eating dust") which will get my fatty legs covered?

M

Millbilly

Im a bit lumpy myself, and i find the army issue dpm strides, and the OG lightweights to be pretty comfy, and fairly durable. (the lightweights are more durable than the dpm trousers, but i seem to find them less comfy)

Dunno where you stand on camo though. Its never bothered me, but i know some people dont like it.

Army surplus trousers are also CHEAP! you can normally pick a pair up for about a tenner.

Simon

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
I'm cool with them - see my post in the Multicam thread. However, when I'm on non-green events with cadets ("Adventurous Training" as they call it) I'm not allowed in any camo stuff for fear of us getting confused with Regular Squaddies... despite them all looking 13 and most of the staff looking as far from soldiers as possible! Anyways, that's another story!

The trouble is I need 42"+ to be comfy which means non issue pairs (the issue ones stop at 40" - anything else is imitation or from a very limited run the Defence Procurement ran a while back. As such I've invested in a couple of pairs of Thatchreed's DPM's, but they're a poor substitute, much less durable than the regular versions, despite having reinforce knees and bum!

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
American suppliers seem to have larger sizes than British ones. They also seem to be more genorously cut for the labelled size. I'm 34" waist and often this is the smallest size available.

Cabelas is the big store, and they do ship internationally.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Been there, done that, bought the trousers! :lmao:

I can highly recommend this place:
http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr13.html

I've bought size 42" OG lightweights from them about 2 months ago. Just had a look and they sell up to 46".

They're the grade 2 website of http://www.the-outdoor.co.uk/.

Two points though. Postage is cheaper on the Grade 2 website, I've no idea why. Not sure if it happens all the time, but the two pairs I ordered were both unissued - at least they were in first class nick - so I got two pairs delivered for just under a tenner iirc! Now to just get rid of the ironed crease you could shave with! :rolleyes:

HTH.

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
Thanks folks!

I'm off to see Mark at the Outdoors in the new year - we've got to get big order together for cadets, so I'll addsome fatty trousers to the pile!

The Regatta ones look quie good too - might invest in some of them also. A friend has also recommended Cotton Traders - might have a look there too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE