Farmoor Reservoirs new woodland area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Folks,

Just wondering how many of you live near to the Farmoor reservoir about 5miles west of Oxford?

I am hoping to get a visit in there in about 10 days time to see the new and quite small woodland that has been planted there in memory of my Brother who died last year, he was a keen angler at the reservoir and also worked for Thames water who own the area and felt it was quite befitting of his memory to plant a small woodland in his memory.

8188370824_509544c8f6_b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It doesn't look much at the moment but we hope that over the coming years it will become something quite wonderful, and somewhere people can go and see that even a death can bring something positive for so many.

Somewhere amongst all these treeletts is a Balmoral Oak, where we hope to have a sign made from a round of Elm with just a simple inscription saying "Alans Wood"

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Thanks Red, I am taking my Mum and Dad down to see it, and no doubt it will be a difficult visit as it will be just a few days before what would of been his 53rd birthday, Not sure if Dad will ever be able to make the trip again, but you never know...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_frankies_photos/sets/72157632013350817/

A set of pictures taken by his work colleagues on the day they did the planting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE