Family Holiday In Greenland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
not if you don't have a tv license you don't hahahahaha damn corporate machine that is the Beeb

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Absolutely brilliant viewing, thnakyou. Takes me back. All the clothes we would wear in the seventies, and the philosophy the parents have. Wonderful stuff, thanks for posting. Great bit of nostalgia. If I had kids I want to do similiar things with them. [I'll have to borrow my brothers :)] Mad uncle Daves taking you on an expedition.
This rates up there with the Bill Mason, and Dick proenekke documentaries. Hardy bunch of Scots they are. I love that all the kids muck in, without asking, and are already self sufficent!

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Hardy bunch of Scots they are. I love that all the kids muck in, without asking, and are already self sufficient!

Interesting you should mention this as it was what so impressed me too, along with their parent’s composure and trust in the wee ones. Can you image an11-year old being put in charge of a fully loaded canoe today in what looked for all the world like an ice flow?!

Rather puts questions such as whether to take a hot water bottle for a night in the woods into some kind of perspective!

If you’ve not watched it please do as it really does have something to tell us in 21[SUP]st[/SUP] Century.

K

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Gutted i couldn't watch it, sounds right up my street, gonna search the torrent sites

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
That was wonderful. The rugged simplicity of their holiday is an example to us all. I wonder if any of the children have continued in a similar vein?

Many thanks for posting.

Feb 9, 2005
Cheltenham, UK
Wonder what they are up to now?

Hugh and Myrtle Simpson are I believe still living in Scotland. Both are interesting in their own rights, but Myrtle I found to be the most interesting of the two. She published a few books in the 70s, that can still be found on Ebay/Amazon at reasonable prices, which make fascinating reading. I last read these in the early 80s and am sure they are still kicking about......must have a look see.

Home Is A Tent Family Travels In The Arctic And Equatorial America

Greenland Summer

and have a look here.......

http://www.mountainfestival.co.uk/myrtle-simpson.html

A.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE