Fallkniven F1 Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
If ever a knife deserved a sheath with a firesteel holder it was the F1.
I don't know why Fallkniven dont make one as F1's make better strikers for firesteels than anything else i have tried (except a dremmel with a grinding disc :rolleyes: )

440_4098_1.jpg

441_4101_1.jpg

Top quality 3.5mm veg. tanned leather.
Sheath is £30.00 + £2.50 for Royal Mail Special Delivery.

rb

M

Mooney

i ordered my f1 yestarday (just the blade, no handle) and i really want a sheath with a firesteel holder.

pm sent

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Thank you Topcat02
I reallly like the F1 but not the dangler sheath that mine came with and i like my firesteels on my sheath (something less to worry about forgetting :rolleyes: ).
I think i read that the F1 originally had a scandi rather than convex grind.
Im not sure if it's true but i'd love to get one if it is.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
rapidboy said:
Thank you Topcat02
I reallly like the F1 but not the dangler sheath that mine came with and i like my firesteels on my sheath (something less to worry about forgetting :rolleyes: ).
I think i read that the F1 originally had a scandi rather than convex grind.
Im not sure if it's true but i'd love to get one if it is.

How does it work once the firesteels a bit worn? is there not a danger of it slipping out? I havn't yet added a firesteel loop to my sheaths for that reason - designing a friction fit for something thats designed to be worn away looks like asking for trouble? Please tell me I am wrong as I think its a useful idea :)

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Alan Wood tried adding a little tab above the firesteel but apparently it didn't work well.
I think it held the firesteel in place ok but was a PITA to remove.
The one below is the first he made (Martyn's).
awoodbbk08.jpg

He didn't use it on mine which was also from the first batch.

I make my steel holder shorter than the steel and add a loop of paracord to the steel and use that to secure it.
433_3306_1.jpg

The steel on my user Wooldore is very worn now and without the paracord would fall out but it has never came loose with the cord.
433_3369_1.jpg

It takes a little fine tuning to get the cord the right length but once it's right it will hold the steel very securely.

I never understood why Woodlore leave the holder so long on the Woodlore Neck Sheath ???
IMO it's about 30mm too long.
432_3293_1.jpg

rb

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Wow, nice idea RB, and a beautiful sheath to go with it. MIght have to commision a left handed when i've got some spare pennies.
Cheers
Rich

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Glad you like it Rich, left hand is no problem.
I dyed it Black because the F1's always come with a black sheath but i did one in Dark Brown and i think it turned out pretty nice.
Maybe a little less tactical looking ?

441_4133_1a.jpg

rb

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE