Exceptional examples of leatherwork - add your own finds (VERY pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Firstly let me just say I DID NOT MAKE THESE!

Wasn't too sure where to post this, in the Resources thread or here, so I opted here since most makers/dabblers would find this interesting. Plus this forum does get a lot more traffic.

Now I don't know about you but I just sit in wonder at the level of workmanship that goes into some of the works of art I've seen here, the thing is it always leaves me hungry to see more. So with that in mind off I went to one of my favourite art website DeviantART and ran a search in their leatherwork.

See below some of the amazing examples I have turned up. I've added links to the makers profile. I warn you though once you start looking you'll be there for ages, be sure to check out the makers favourites list as well, often gems are in there too.

Not many of these people are into Bushcraft, they seem to be either costumers or wannabe Elves from Lord of the Rings. I still admire the hell outta them.

As the title says please add more photos as you find them.

This isn't a contest to say this geezer's better than another. Nor is it aimed at making you feel your own efforts are lower than a snakes belly. I'm posting these to inspire and perhaps encourage a bit of lateral thinking. I just love seeing those little things that make a relatively common item even more beautiful and unique.

Possibles pouch here I come!

Thanks for reading the preface, now on with the presentation.

Koma-Host's profile

Retainer_03_by_Koma_Host.jpg

------------------------------

Wodenwolf's profile

Northern_Hunter_details_by_Wodenswolf.jpg

sword_of_sountaka_belt_bag_by_wodenswolf-d39z96u.jpg

-------------------------

Witchworks' profile

steampunk_writers_pouch_by_witchworks-d38hsgh.jpg

-------------------------

Skinz-n-Hydez profile

steampunk_journalists_pouch_by_skinz_n_hydez-d39ffwu.jpg

------------------------

Astalo's profile

historical_belt_and_pouch_by_astalo-d2zjbd3.jpg

------------------------

Hamrabdg's profile

leather_work_86_detail_6_by_hamrabdg-d38lsnm.jpg

leather_work_86_detail_7_by_hamrabdg-d38lsq3.jpg

leather_work_86_detail_4_by_hamrabdg-d38lsgs.jpg

---------------------------

Noir-Azur's profile

birka_belt_pouch_by_noir_azur-d2jynml.png

--------------------------

Tim23's profile

knife_sheath_by_tim23-d39twwr.jpg

Last edited:

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
OMG!!!!! they are stunning!!!

That utility belt is propper steam punk finese and the geared notepad with light is wonderful!!!

Drooling at work is not good!

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
"Wow!" just doesn't do justice to some of these items. Truly gifted people.

Biker, I assume Betty has had a go at making something along these lines? (tee-hee!)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Wow, that doctor's instrument case is next level! It would make anybody confident in performing back alley surgery.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE