End of season Blade Sale (forged finished)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Howdy Folks! It's that time of year where I want to unload the blades left after my last show :dancer:

I'll be posting several threads like this with different themes. Up first though, are my usual forged finished blades (and a couple of friction folder blades). I've not discounted these blades, because frankly there is nothing wrong with them and they don't go off :p So the 'sale' element is that I will give you free postage on them; which equates to at least £4 per blade (any orders over £50 will be going RMSD so saving £8). Apologies for poor pictures, it was raining outside!

So here we go...

Vital Stats:

Edge length, Thickness at spine, Steel type, Price

1) SOLD
2) SOLD
3) 3 1/2", 4mm, O1 £35
4) SOLD
5) 4 1/2", 4.5mm, O1 £40
6) 4 3/4", 4.5mm, O1 £40
7) 5", 4.5mm, O1 £40
8) 5", 5mm, EN42J spring steel £40
9) 5 1/2", 5.5mm, 52100 £55
10) SOLD
11) SOLD
12) SOLD

As per usual, these blades are all full flat 'ground', not a scandi in sight and nor will there ever be. These are all sharp and have the temper drawn from the tangs so can be cut down easily enough should you wish. Obviously, due to UK laws, these are only available to persons of 18 years or over and with the bill payers permission, etc, etc.

Also coming up will be 3 layer laminates and pattern welded blades

thanks for looking folks! :)

Last edited:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
not in the least! :lmao:

The flow of blades is so great, I only bother advertising what I have outside of the show I attend when there is a bit break between events. Hence only advertising blades at the end of the year ;)

edit: I have just removed the ones that I know to be sold. What sort of thing are you looking for? I have other blades, but not going to post current stocks online any time soon as I have manflu and can't be dealing with cameras and computers right now!

Orchard

Forager
Dec 17, 2013
Abergavenny
Haha, thanks Dave!

I'm not sure yet, sorry. I usually use a hatchet and carry a light knife whilst being productive in the woods, but a friend (who incidentally has a good carving axe you made) is/has convinced me that a heavier knife would be better, and then I saw your thread :)
I'm not sure which profile I want yet either. I'll be in touch, and I hope you get better soon! :)

not in the least! :lmao:

The flow of blades is so great, I only bother advertising what I have outside of the show I attend when there is a bit break between events. Hence only advertising blades at the end of the year ;)

edit: I have just removed the ones that I know to be sold. What sort of thing are you looking for? I have other blades, but not going to post current stocks online any time soon as I have manflu and can't be dealing with cameras and computers right now!

Orchard

Forager
Dec 17, 2013
Abergavenny
No thanks Dave, too big!
I also carry a Westmorland billhook made by John Beavis whilst working. I think i'll be looking at a 4-5.5mm like you have available, although i'm not sure on profile/length yet :)
I know i'm being a bit daft, but is a forge finished blade tempered, or does it need tempering, sharpening, and polishing please? :)
Thanks Dave.
i think I have a parang blade and a large bowie in the workshop. I can have a look over the weekend if you like the sound of those?

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
yep, daft as a brush :p

Forged finished just means that I don't need a grinder to remove damage caused by poor hammer and fire control ;) The blades are made from top end virgin steels and heat treated fully before sharpening. If you want it polished then you can do it yourself or buy one that I have chosen to grind and polish to that particular finish. The forged surface, aside from being more honest, is more rust resistant and doesn't show scratches or blind you in the sun

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE