Egg Powder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
I have searched everywhere for Egg Powder/Dried Egg in the UK. I’ve seen some recipes on here that use it. Can anyone tell me where they get theirs from please?

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Oh cool, thanks, yeah, will be interesting to know eggsactly (sorry) ;-) what the protein ones are like for cooking. What you planing on making with yours?

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I used to get it in the baking department in my local Tesco but they stopped selling it a few months ago! They may still do it in other Tesco stores my mate lives in Swindon and they still stock it.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
It's just spray dried whole egg,nothing added to it.I'll be doing mostly scrambled eggs and omelletes.

Scrambled nug and omelettes is what we used to use it for.

You can knock some together and add it to fried rice at home, if using up leftover boiled rice.

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
Well the whole egg powder arrived today.Have'nt had time to do much more than mix some with water into a runny batter constituency and chuck it in the frying pan,I'm well impressed with it.Tastes more like pancake than egg to be honest,I think with sliced salami or cheese etc it will be a good thing to carry on light weight overnighters or canoe trips.I cant see why it should'nt be a success used for scrambled egg either.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I used to get it in the baking department in my local Tesco but they stopped selling it a few months ago! They may still do it in other Tesco stores my mate lives in Swindon and they still stock it.

Yep me too, so I contacted the manufacturers, it used to be SuperCook, or something like that, but they were bought by Dr. Oetker – they have decided that there’s no retail market for whole dried egg – end of story!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Yep me too, so I contacted the manufacturers, it used to be SuperCook, or something like that, but they were bought by Dr. Oetker – they have decided that there’s no retail market for whole dried egg – end of story!

Not surprising really, the majorit of folk who bought it would have been fan's long before Marks and Spencers developed the whole 'chill chain' concept in this country - negating the need for dried rationable goods. The camping/bushcraft community probably isn't enough to justify supermarkets getting it in.

Does anyone know how how to dry yer own egg, or a good way of transporting fresh eggs in to the woods? In my dads day they would have just looked for some wild eggs (pigeon or something similar) and that'd solve the problem. Definitely not the done thing now...

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Never heard of Weigh and Save before, don’t think there is one by me, there is a Holland and Barrets though, was it pure dried egg or the protein stuff? The protein stuff might be exactly the same for all I know!?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE