1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

editing a first post in a thread?

Discussion in 'How do I?' started by RAPPLEBY2000, May 22, 2007.

1. RAPPLEBY2000

RAPPLEBY2000 Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

Hi i can't edit a thread i stated (swap shop) which i need to to show some kit has changed or gone...:confused:

[​IMG] this button has gone from the tools.

also i'm finding editing posts even adding smiles is far more complex than it was, having to "go advanced" etc.

2. Woodcutter

Woodcutter Full Member

I have the same problem, put a post on which looks rubbish, half the photo and text missing, but I can't edit it, there is no edit button, which when you search for help says is there, very frustrating, having a lot of problems with the new site, fingers crossed they are sorted soon.

3. Woodcutter

Woodcutter Full Member

I just got round my problem by opening the thread, clicking anywhere on the post and pressed Ctrl A to select all, right clicked and selected copy, I then pasted this into a word document which then allowed me to see the edit button as it isn't hidden by the sponsor adds! by holding Ctrl and clicking on the edit button in the word doc it opens up the thread in edit mode and I was able to make and save my changes.

Right old faff around I know but it worked for me. Good luck