Ebay.......I've had enough!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Hi....I've just posted the following up on facebook and would also like my personal friends and customers here on bcuk to be aware of it...i didnt really know where to post it and seeings i always use this area and because i wish it to be seen i've put it here....

''Hi....I don't know exactly what I'm going to do or how I'm going to do it to be honest but I do know there's a line I won't cross and to hell with the consequences.....after some 15+ MISERABLE years on ebay the final straw has broken my back.

I've just been left ''revenge negative'' by a fake customer, who (judging by the information i have i'm comfortable saying....) is related to a seller who i left negative feedback for a week or so ago.

i'm happy to go to court for this so here goes....if this is slanderous/libellous then this world is even more messed up than even i think it is right at this moment. i would love ebay to press charges against me....please do so.

the two people above both have different accounts but their listings show that the both share the same surname. they also both live in the same area. they both sell the same product.

the feedback left for me is ludicrous....i mean, how can a patch be 'bad quality'....especially a patch i've sold hundreds of....if you look at my feedback you'll see other customers were more than happy and always have been.

they opened a 'item does match desciption' case.....how does the patch not match the description....? and the picture in the listing.....? etc etc

theyve mimicked the feedback that i left for them.....the customer has neglected to converse with me despite me contacting them several times. and so on and so on.

but this is not enough for ebay who state that the is no conclusive proof and that all of the above is ''my assumption''....and that is a direct quote from the customer care manager ronan cunningham.

ebay refuse to remove the revenge neg.....and i'm a top rated powerseller with otherwise perfect rating whereas the two in question regularly receive bad feedback on their accounts.

i accepted the return....i processed the refund....and i have text in my returns policy section to advise customers.

the seller even left this response on my feedback page....implying that i could be a thief.....

''Good job I sent this item *Signed For* They usually claim *Item Not Recieved*''

despite all this i now have my perfect feedback permanently damaged.....damaged with false statements....made out of spite....by dubious ebay sellers who ebay are now protecting. my contempt for ebay and the two ******* involved knows no bounds.

i mean.....how can this be right?

please SHARE SHARE SHARE this post...plaster it up everywhere.

starting the very minute i finish this post i will now be trying to remove ebay as the focal point in my business and making every effort to prioritise my website....which will now hold the bulk of and range of my stock. there may well be times when my items will not be on ebay...please look to my website or drop me a line. i will also be putting more of my goods on BUSHCRAFTUK.COM. ....a website that puts ebay to shame in every way from morals through to finance.....its free to register and has a great and knowlegeable community and is run by people who know the difference between right and wrong.

please contact me directly for any future purchases and i'll be happy to offer discount of at least the amount equal to ebays ridiculous fees....and please bear with me whilst i spend the next year trying to get everything to a place that i shouldve done years ago.

i feel like a complete mug.....let down....upset, sad, angry, the lot. totally betrayed. it might seem like a small thing but to me its massive.

and even if my assumptions are wrong and the two guys dont know each other.....how can one imply i'm a thief and get away with it after sending me a broken item and another be allowed to neg me having refused any contact with me and whilst i fulfilled all 'ebay obligations'? the whole things messed up either way and i'm done with it.

i'd love to hear what you've all got to say....please comment!

regards

Sonni''

Last edited:

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Um -I'm not sure how they are a fake customer - are you saying they scammed you?

Negative feedback doesn't permanently effect your rating. It wears off.

MegaWoodsWalker

Forager
Jul 10, 2014
Connecticut USA
"I've just been left ''revenge negative'' by a fake customer, who (judging by the information i have i'm comfortable saying....) is related to a seller who i left negative feedback for a week or so ago."

Unless I have been burned aka didn't get the goods I don't give negative feedback. Not saying this is your fault but why did you leave the seller negative feedback in the first place?

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
they bought from me fully intending to return the item.....to give themselves the opportunity to leave me negative fedback.

which is allegedly against ebay policy.

i know and thankyou for your input.....but its not that thats bothering me.

regards

sonni

Um -I'm not sure how they are a fake customer - are you saying they scammed you?

Negative feedback doesn't permanently effect your rating. It wears off.

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
he sent me a vinyl record that was broken/edge chipped.....something that entirely negates any grade he gave for it....its not a case of 'my opinion'.....i'm also a professional vinyl dealer and collector of 20 years and like everyone use the rare record guide grading system....and a record with a piece missing does not grade as ''very good''. given this i asked for him to refund me my postage seeings 'opinion' doesnt come into it....and he refused. doesnt seem like a particularly decent fellow to me....as he and his 'acquaintances' feedbacks also show.

regards

s

"I've just been left ''revenge negative'' by a fake customer, who (judging by the information i have i'm comfortable saying....) is related to a seller who i left negative feedback for a week or so ago."

Unless I have been burned aka didn't get the goods I don't give negative feedback. Not saying this is your fault but why did you leave the seller negative feedback in the first place?

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Mate two neg feedback will stick out like the dogs danglies as very obviously out of character. I use trip advisor a lot and spotting negative feedback out of spite is so obvious because it follows no trend. I feel your pain chum but like mrcharly says it wears off.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
"It might seem like a small thing but to me its massive."

Don't let it be or they have succeeded in what you assert was their intention.

Focus on the larger percentage of very positive 'feedback' your excellent work gets.

K

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
thankyou scoman....and i'm a lot calmer now than i was 3 hours ago.

i'm still reeling from the insanity of the conversation i had with ebay. and there have been so many things over the years. the difficulty of contacting them, the fees, the policy changes, their decisions.....theyre simply incredible. and i know i'm not alone.....my good friends mark and helen of shark designs closed their account a few months ago. i've just been on the phone to helen to share the amazingly horrible stories concerning ebay that we have.

it wont wear off i'm afraid....its how i'm wired.

thanks for commenting,

regards

s

Mate two neg feedback will stick out like the dogs danglies as very obviously out of character. I use trip advisor a lot and spotting negative feedback out of spite is so obvious because it follows no trend. I feel your pain chum but like mrcharly says it wears off.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi klench.....ta for your input m8....i know i know.....but ebays now in my ''bad people'' list and thats done. i will do everything i possibly can to now remove myself from their association. its repugnant to me. its not the two cowboys that bother me....i mean....whoooopdedoooo......well done guys, youre geniuses.....its ebay that bothers me.

regards

s

"It might seem like a small thing but to me its massive."

Don't let it be or they have succeeded in what you assert was their intention.

Focus on the larger percentage of very positive 'feedback' your excellent work gets.

K

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
You might need to buy loys of vinyl records, and, if they are chipped, leave lots more negative feedback! Just a thought. I feel your pain too, eBay can be a real pain.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Take a deep breath, and relax.

Quietone has it right.

Don't get all in a tizzy about it, Angst. The rest of your feedback speaks for itself, and whilst folk will look at your negative, they'll also look at and pay more attention to the reams of positives. By the by it will disappear...

I know it seems unfair and you think that eBay are a bunch of whatnots, but they do behave like that sometimes. I had a similar thing a few years ago when a buyer blackmailed me with neg. feedback (supposedly strictly against the rules). I had all the emails both on and off ebay wherein the buyer openly stated that he would give me negative feedback if I didn't do what he wanted. I stood my ground and picked up a -ve for my trouble. All gone now and its just a bad memory.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
OUch!
I feel for you!
I just avoid ebay for this kind of reason ... I too get very wound up by this kind of dealing....
Good luck with all your sales to come minus those clowns!

jmagee

Forager
Aug 20, 2014
Cumbria
I pay more attention to the positive feedback myself.

I had a similar issue with eBay in that I paid cash on collection for an item. The seller then opened an unpaid item dispute which reflected badly on me! I informed eBay that the seller was dodgy and was just getting out of paying the fees. I prefer Amazon!

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hey monikie.....

i did indeed suggest to mr. cunningham that i would do the same (not that i'd go that low)....get my friend round the corner to buy their items, cancel the transactions and write clever safe negative feedback for them just as theyve done for me..... and he ''advised me against it''

i asked him ''why do you advise against it?''

he replied ''because it may breach ebay policy''

i said.....''yeah but it doesnt does it?''

see how utterly insane it all is?

regards

s

You might need to buy loys of vinyl records, and, if they are chipped, leave lots more negative feedback! Just a thought. I feel your pain too, eBay can be a real pain.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi bilmo, ta m8 yup i know....i am calm right now....thanks for your words m8,

s

Quietone has it right.

Don't get all in a tizzy about it, Angst. The rest of your feedback speaks for itself, and whilst folk will look at your negative, they'll also look at and pay more attention to the reams of positives. By the by it will disappear...

I know it seems unfair and you think that eBay are a bunch of whatnots, but they do behave like that sometimes. I had a similar thing a few years ago when a buyer blackmailed me with neg. feedback (supposedly strictly against the rules). I had all the emails both on and off ebay wherein the buyer openly stated that he would give me negative feedback if I didn't do what he wanted. I stood my ground and picked up a -ve for my trouble. All gone now and its just a bad memory.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE