Earlly to Mid 18th Century Equipment.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
[video=youtube;eirueIdBiMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eirueIdBiMc[/video]

With this pack plus a belt pouch and a few other tools I can survive comfortably long term in the wilderness. The operative word here is "Comfortable", because that I believe is why we carry such equipment when we are quite capable of surviving without any of it.
From my point of view, this is my 18th century Historical Trekking equipment, and it is well researched. This would be my choice of equipment were I to be just living in the forest (as I actually do anyway!) or if I was employed as a Ranger to range the countryside around a certain community looking for any sign of the enemy.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Interesting to see. Lot of focus on the moccasins - I'm guessing back then having footwear that worked and was comfortable was essential ( as it is now) but even more so if you were in the middle of nowhere with a hole in your shoe.

What was used for firelighting - was that in your gun pouch?
And what about food. You mentioned dried peas. Would it consist of bread and cheese and peas with a bit of foraging / meat you had caught?

Snozz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE