Eagle 0.7ltr kettle in a trangia 27?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Evening all,

Hoping someone might have tried this before but does anyone know if the small eagle kettle 0.7l will nest with the trangia 27?
Don’t mind losing one of the two pots if that will help squeeze it in!
Just finding sizes on the eagle kettle seems to prove difficult, I think its 140mm in diameter but can’t find a height for it either, if anyone could confirm this I’d be very grateful.
Cheers
Ian

Reactions: mowerman

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
The Eagle 0.7 litre kettle is, as you say, 140mm in diameter and is 74mm high. I'm afraid I don't know whether it would fit into a Trangia 27 stove; I assume you might have to ditch the smaller pot, though.

Hope this helps and is not too late!

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The Trangia large pot is just over 18cm and the smaller one a little bit smaller.
You might need to make a wire stand.
Not sure about the height for your kettle so you have enough distance between the burner and kettle bottom.

You will lose the packabilty not using a Trangia pot but you know that already!

N

Nomad

The Trangia large pot is just over 18cm ...

That's the Trangia 25. The pots in my 27 measure about 115mm at the base, and around 135mm at the top. Unless I'm missing something, there is no chance of a 140mm diameter kettle fitting inside a pot.

Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Don’t know if this info is too late but i’ve just bought the 0.7 Eagle kettle and aside from it being very well made (the base is coated with copper rather than having a copper plate stuck to the bottom), it holds 3 standard ceramic mugs of water. Or that could be one drink and cooking water.
Unless you need to boil water for more than that in one go, this is the one to get... if it’s within budget.

Best wishes,

Darryl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE