E-Bay names

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
e-Bay has been bought up several times on this forum as a good source of Bushcrafting material. But there is always the problem of people on this forum bidding against other people from BCUK. I know that I would rather not bid against other people that I know but I don't know what user names people have on E-Bay, so I suggest that people post their names on this thread.

I'll start the ball rolling;

My E-Bay name is Nitramretrop (It's my name spelt backwards)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
i'm lastavailableid - for some reason it always takes me 30 odd attempts to get a userID anywhere and I just got frustrated with ebay, besides, I'm sure i got the very last available ID on ebay :wink:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
haha now we can see what people have bought in the past and if they were the one who sniped me in the last 2 seconds.

im tomwhite101 i think :yikes: *goes to check*

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
brucemacdonald said:
emacdonald49. And I noticed bambo that you outbid us on that Swanni last week! :wave:

Best wishes

Bruce

Oh...that was you!!! Sorry, I stayed up late and nipped in at the last minute! And just to make matters worse now that I know it's you....I've just put a heads up on the Kit forum to let everyone know about the cheap Ranger shirt I now know you're bidding on.....sorry Mate! I wouldn't have if I'd known it was you! Anyway....I won't bid on it at all myself now I know!

(If it makes you feel any better....it was quite small...you're more broad across the chest and shoulders than me so it would have been to tight on you Mate).

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I'm tenbears10 most places only on yahoo I had to be tenbears102005 :?:

Now I see where you got those US rations from Phil. I've ordered from him before as well.

Bill

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Okaaaay, yes I think it probably is a good idea :), certainly a friendly one.

I'm Goodthingscat on ebay.....I used their make up a name for you thingie, and quite liked the unintentional pun :)

Toddy

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I don't see why..... I sell stuff on there and it doesn't bother me.

There's plenty of other bidders about so all we're doing is making sure we know each other and then choosing not to bid against each other....no different to if you happened to be my brother and I knew you were bidding on something, I'd leave you to it...the item will still get sold.

It works both ways with auctions....sometimes you get good deals and other times you get bad deals....luck of the draw :eek:):

jakunen

Native
Andy said:
Isn't this a bit unfair on the sellers?

after all what your doing is reducing what people may get for their goods

No its not! Bidding against a complete starnger is one thing but bidding against a friend is something entirely different and can engender a lot of ill will. There are more than enough people who use evil-bay to balance out whatever reduced prices we crete this way. Its no different IMO to us getting together to buy 10 sleeping bags say, and getting the retailer to knock down the price for us.

And there is always the chance that no-on will bid on an item or that only one person will bid so the price would be low anyway.

Yes its a scheme to make money for sellers, but its also for buyers to get the best deal they can.

And just so no one slams me, I am a seller as well as a buyer on both e-bay and e-bidz

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
P.s. I think I've spotted the unintentional pun :naughty: Unless it's my gutter brain !!![/QUOTE]
Martin

:wink: Would I think that of you???? :)

Toddy

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Exactly what Phil said. It's about strengthening our sense of community. All this would do is provide people with the information, what they choose to do with this information is up to them.
It would also give them the opportunity to Pm each other if they REALLY want something and the other person is only bidding because it's there.

I only mentioned it here because this is an ethos that my friends and I follow when we're bidding on records.

I'm always after a bargain, but I will not climb over my friends to get it.

Cheers,

Martin

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
bambodoggy said:
Oh...that was you!!! Sorry, I stayed up late and nipped in at the last minute! And just to make matters worse now that I know it's you....I've just put a heads up on the Kit forum to let everyone know about the cheap Ranger shirt I now know you're bidding on.....sorry Mate! I wouldn't have if I'd known it was you! Anyway....I won't bid on it at all myself now I know!

Thanks - if that is the word! :shock: Actually I have one of the rare charcoal grey ones coming from the U.S. :super:

Best wishes

Bruce

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE