Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Quixoticgeek, Feb 27, 2014.
ok great, thankyou.
Hi J, when do you think you'll be posting the gear out please ?
I've got a new tarp arriving shortly and a trip with it planned for next weekend so hoping to have the dyneema beforehand if you can manage it ?
The manufacturer has emailed to say there will be a slight delay. I will keep you all posted as and when it arrives.
Sorry for the delay
Will there be another gb on these ?
There will definately be another group buy of this cord. I wills start it as soon as this one is complete. I am currently waiting on English Braids to deliver the cord.
Any update on when we can expect this? Thx
Not herd anything myself either, he said when all the others where posted out, maybe he s had problems sourcing it. Anyway after this heads up post we may get a reply,
Thanks in advance
Am still waiting on the Manufacturer. I will chase up on Monday morning. Again, Apologies for the delays.
Can't wait any longer I'm afraid so have ordered elsewhere.
If someone who missed this group buy wants to take over my order for 40m in black then let me know, otherwise I'll just keep it or sell it on if not needed when it does turn up.
Julia did you have any joy Monday?
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Just had an email from them. They have a new production run of the black they are going to send me a sample today, so that I can confirm it is ok. It has the same strength and everything, I just need to test it's knot holding, and will also run it through some line locks.
They will confirm the situation on the yellow tomorrow morning. Hopefully we should have things moving very soon now.
Again, apologies for the delay, Hopefully once this manufacturing issue is sorted, future group buys will be faster.
Thanks for the update Julia.
So the sample has arrived in the post, as a manufacturer they have done something that is rather rare. They have improved a product so it is actually better. Usually "New improved" is another way of saying "messed with and made worse". The cord they have sent as a test sample is softer than the previous stuff, meaning it holds knots a lot better, and if you have a quick release knot, it undoes a lot easier than previously. I've tried tying a few knots and putting weight on the line, Evenk hitch, bowline, double figure of eight, and a line loc. All worked fine. So I will notify them tomorrow that it is good to post the cord to me!
I think we might be on the home straight now!
Thank you everyone for your patience.
Thank you for running the gb. It is appreciated.
Any updates please Julia ?
I was a bit concerned when I called them recently about something else and took the opportunity to ask about the 2mm dyneema, they were quoting 4 to 6 weeks still as out of stock and needing to manufacture ! Hopefully they just have their wires crossed and the info' they are giving you is the correct situation !
Englishbraids should be posting me the black out today, or Monday. So hopefully that will arrive early next week, I can then get the stuff measured out and in the post to those who ordered just black asap.
They should let me know on the yellow middle of next week.
2. The Cumbrian, 40m please.
3. Globetrotter UK 50m
4. Ferretboy75, 20m
5. Graveworm 50m
6. Raskusdrotti 50m
2. Ferretboy75, 20m
3. Marvtommo 20m
4. Graveworm 50m
Cheers for organising...
Group buy 2 has gone in now, I am just awaiting the cord to arrive so I can send it out to people. If you watch this space, as soon as I get this group buy in the post, I will put up the details of group buy number 3.
The black has arrived! Will get it measured this evening and in the post tomo morning.
Great news. Thanks Again for your hard work and perseverance Julia.