Dryad's Saddle - Tasty edible fungi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi,
Made a short vid for people who are not confident with mushrooms and want to start foraging the safer and easier ones. The vid also shows you how to prepare and cook Dryad's Saddle.
[video=youtube;i5Pb4N2kI6w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Pb4N2kI6w[/video]

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Nice little video, and good to see the preparation of the forage. Nice tip on the melon smell. I like Dryad's saddle as an edible, especially when it is young.

I was always taught to take less than half of what you find, no more than 40%, but it did look like you took most if not all of the brackets in that first shot. Granted it isn't rare, but that isn't good practise. Apologies if I am mistaken.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi,
Valid comment I perhaps should've mentioned. There was a huge one on the top of the stump and others emerging round the side. So plenty left. Plenty of mycelium left in the ones I took too so they might grow through again. Thanks for taking the time to watch.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hi,
Valid comment I perhaps should've mentioned. There was a huge one on the top of the stump and others emerging round the side. So plenty left. Plenty of mycelium left in the ones I took too so they might grow through again. Thanks for taking the time to watch.

Thanks. I enjoyed the vid, and it did look tasty.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE