Dry bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stevesb29

Aug 20, 2018
NORTHUMBERLAND
Hi

Iam looking for a green dry bag for my tarp but with bottom handle for ease in pulling tarp from bag , anyone know where I could purchase one , as most don’t come with bottom handle

Thanks Steve

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
http://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=22700307

Exped do a range of olive green dry bags with handles on the bottom. Not always the easiest to find in that colour, but I have been happy with those I have used. Heinnie are currently out of stock, but Tamarack look like they can help.

I have never put my tarp in a dry bag, can't think of anyone I have travelled with who has either. I have just used a silnylon stuff sack or similar and lashed it to the outside of the pack, or had it in a top pocket. How does using a dry bag compare? I can imagine both pros and cons, but would be interested in hearing actual experiences.

Chris

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I have to admit for the price and the stigma the karrimor dry bags do the job very well.
I put rolls of toilet paper in one and gave it a very heavy showering for ten minutes with no ingress
I also filled one with water and left it hanging for a few days with minimal leakage.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Ortlieb bags usually have bottom handles.

They are made in Germany in an outstanding quality.

The "ultra light" called series is light but tough enough for carrying inside a rucksack for world journeys. They exist in OD.

The heavy quality is ment to throw it in a canoe. They last for several decades.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE