Dorset Bushcrafters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I have been off this site for a while , so dont know any of the new faces .
So who is local to or lives in dorset ?
Do you fancy a meet up in dorset ?
Could do with getting back into the woods :)
Cheers
pumbaa

ether

Mar 20, 2011
Bournemouth, Dorset
Hello everybody, i know i'm very late on this thread but thought i'd say hi anyway. Based in Bournemouth and been getting into Bushcraft recently, struggling to find places to practice bushcraft i dont suppose you guys would know of anywhere?

havocsdad

Jun 10, 2010
dorset
Hi
New to Bushcraft and from Christchurch, if we cant find some woods maybe a pint and bite in localish establishment that sells ale! :D

Greg

Dec 28, 2009
Dorset
How do, Bournemouth based myself. Having difficulty finding anywhere within reach that isn't a golf course or dogging site.

Cheers,
Sam

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm waaaay up in the midlands myself but was hoping for some insider information into the opportunities for a permission camp near Bovington for the tankfest end of June? Any of you guys know of any sites near that area that we might hook up over?

We don't mind sharing with doggers as long as they're all as much fun as Fascinating Aida ;)

Last edited:

martsim73

Jul 30, 2012
Wimborne, Dorset
Hi folks.... :)
Although I set up the Dorset Bushcrafters community group, I have failed to be a little more active on the site due to my work commitments. (he bows his head in shame!!!).
If you join the group, I did try to get some pub meets going initially but came under the usual 'id like it in my area' talk which as usual ended in no meet happening. I'm up in Wimborne myself and had suggested the Green Man or the Fox and Hounds pubs. Thoughtbit would be good to meet for a few quick socials before trying to set up a camp over somewhere. Am still very open to suggestions... What are you thoughts on just a quick pint somewhere then???

Martin :D

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Blimey , shocked this thread is still going !
Martsim73 please can you pm me some details about his Dorset bushcrafts group
Pumbaa

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I'm in Alderholt, and would be up for meeting up...
Are we thinking camp fire or pub? I'd be well up for the former if anyone knows of any land we can meet on/get away with meeting up on ;) ...
Maybe we should just start throwing a few potential dates for a meet up around until we find one all/most of us can make.
Or, since our county is quite a size, we could do a couple, one in the East & one in the West...

This forum has helped me so much in learning and developing bushcraft skills - getting advice of people in the flesh will be even better! :approve:
Plus, since getting married, the wife has stopped me going to bike rallies. Strangely, she'd be OK with me driving to the woods to meet with strangers I've met through the internet! :bluThinki Anyway, it would be good to have a chat and a drink with people who share the same interests again...

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Last Sunday, as I came back through Thorncombe Wood from checking my coppice, I passed a Scottish gentleman with his family who must be a bushcrafter! I'm assuming Scottish as he was clad in a kilt (my apologies if that assumption is incorrect), and a bushcrafter because he was wearing a wool top in a subtle shade, had a canvas type backpack with an axe strapped to the side - and what appeared to be some bow drill spindles sticking out of it! If you read this Sir, I hope you enjoyed your picnic!

All the best

Bob:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE